PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

@Prestwich_Blue

One of the charges against us for 2009/10 is for rule C.80, shown below. Do you know if this is an actual charge, or is it one of the original hastily formulated charges that were subsequently corrected, albeit this one still remains an active charge?
0321e1900507ab7dedd77a1e52d8a419.jpg

In our circumstance we can only be charged for breaking FFP if they find us guilty of fraudulent accounting.

Our accounts have been ratified and passed FFP. We can only be found guilty of FFP failure if we have lied about the figures which would be fraudulent accounting.

The Etisalat contract was deemed perfectly fine by CAS, who gave their verdict on it anyway despite elements being time-barred. Can't see an independent commission overruling the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

It's true that if they can't prove fraud, almost everything we know about is time-barred.

Edit: Or maybe not. :)

I'd also love to know, if the UEFA time barred items relating to us are not time barred for the PL, does that now mean that any finances from any era in the english top flight are now fair game for investigation? If so, I can hear the petrol cans being opened and matches striking at the swamp and the rat pit already. Those mutha fuckas were writing their own rules and balance sheets for years

I'd also love to know, if the UEFA time barred items relating to us are not time barred for the PL, does that now mean that any finances from any era in the english top flight are now fair game for investigation? If so, I can hear the petrol cans being opened and matches striking at the swamp and the rat pit already. Those mutha fuckas were writing their own rules and balance sheets for years
I think they've already done that... I just hope we got what we needed first ;)

Initial reports from overly giddy journalists when the charges were announced was that the Premier League rules state there is no time bar.

I believe premier league rules do mention something about following English law to some extent.

More up-to-date thinking is that the independent commission will comply with English law's 6 year time bar.

Otherwise as you say, it could get ridiculous.

I think we will be seeing lots of shit coming out such as this:

What a pathetic story. I would think all 92 league clubs have done deals with dodgy agents and probably since football started in the Victorian era. If the PL want to go back to 2008 for things like this (or Mancini's payments) they will need to apply the rules to all clubs evenly, get thousands of new staff, and put J Edgar Hoover in charge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.