Terry Venables RIP

Met Terry when City had a pre ssason tour in 1986, we played his Barcelona in a 4 team tournament in Huelva. He spotted me and my mate at a post match melee of a press conference and beckoned us over, After a chat where he asked us how we were. He pulled a fist full of pesetas notes out and handed some over. Proper nice man (and we had beat em on pens!!) Went the Euro 96 games they were ace and Terry didn't feel compelled to doing a pizza advert. RIP Tel.

I met him a few of times as a kid as my dad knew a couple of people at QPR and Spuds while he was manager. Even to my 10 year old eyes you could tell he bossed a room but there was no side to him. Probably not the tax man’s best friend but otherwise someone who lived his life with a smile. Decades ahead of his time as a coach as well.

I’m no fan of international football, but as others have said, best England manager in a generation. He was a British coach who thought like a possession based continental and was ahead of his time in that regard. The less said about his novels the better though. RIP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.