Bell, Lee and Summerbee statue | Unveiled (pg19)

My view of the light show last night (follow the link):

Did anyone capture the Boys In Blue video on the screens? It was great to see the North West Film Archive footage of the day it was recorded in March 1972 used alongside the song itself.
Thanks for posting Gary, makes me homesick seeing things like that!!

Absolutely agree. How about a Guardiola, Mercer, Alison one?

The rooms in the hotel should be named after ex-players. The Bobby Johnstone one with a well stocked bar.
When I wrote a comic novel (Atkinson For England written with Mark Brown) about football in early 2000s we created a rundown hotel in the story that was dedicated to MCFC owned by superfan Dave Bayley (we merged the names of fanzine editors Dave Wallace and Noel Bayley) we had lots of MCFC injokes (such as a food menu with items like Donachie Baps; the hotel reception Bell being called Colin; the telephone was in a Booth called Tommy etc.). We also named the rooms after key City folklore so we had the Royle Suite, the Alan Ball Basement; Room 10-1 and so on. They should do the same for the new hotel. Everything should be a pun.

Years later Hotel Football opened with an actual menu that used MUFC names, so our comic novel was closer to the truth than we'd expected!

Been trying to upload pictures had trouble compressing files but figured it out now, brilliant statue of 3 MCR legends.

Attachments

• IMG_20231129_122838 (1).jpg
    IMG_20231129_122838 (1).jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20231129_122843 (1).jpg
    IMG_20231129_122843 (1).jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20231129_122811 (1).jpg
    IMG_20231129_122811 (1).jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 107
Went to see it yesterday,very impressive.Only thing that puzzled me is Franny,too tall,too slim,too much hair and doesn't look too much like him facially.Suppose two out of three ain't bad though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.