Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Pep will relish the fact he knows he’s going to have to come up with different ideas and plans. Best in the world for a reason. On the other hand I think I’m still living inside the treble bubble of last summer, these recent results/performance just haven’t bothered me. Although the summer transfers are looking bizarre atm (except Doku)
I think a big part of the current malaise is that the entire club is “still living inside the treble bubble of last summer”. This season so far has felt like a lap of honour that is losing its energy before it gets even half way round.

I think a big part of the current malaise is that the entire club is “still living inside the treble bubble of last summer”. This season so far has felt like a lap of honour that is losing its energy before it gets even half way round.
Well put. I was going to post the same.

It’s not a criticism of our club. It’s human nature to feel this way after last seasons amazing achievement.

At this moment in time I wouldn't put any money on it. In spite of losing to Arsenal Luton were very unlucky. A small tight ground, raucous atmosphere, wet and windy conditions and we have lost our belief. It will be like a cup tie from the seventies. In fact I'm going to check the odds for a Luton win.
16 to one mate

The thing that most worries me: in fact the only thing. We lose, we draw matches. We've always done that, including in seasons when we came through.
But it we depend on one player to the extent that we say, “Oh well, if he's out, we're losing”, then it is a very serious state of affairs. Unprecendented, too. When David Silva was out, we managed, and we often managed handsomely. Same with Sergio Aguero. I hope it is not the absence of a single player that is creating this mini-crisis, or even being a large contributing factor. Because he'll be out again this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.