Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

The Dippers had 2 efforts at our place and went away with a point.
Palace 2 efforts on goal today score both and go away with a point. ARRGGHHH

Pep was telling all the world about the calibre of the teams who have taken points of us recently.
So what is he going to say about Palace, a team that turned up today with injuries and suspensions and who are mid table mediocracy at best.
The pressure is on to go on a long winning streak, but then we shoot ourselves in the foot and have to start all over again

Pep
We have bent over to accommodate Walker was I the only one who want him to go as his time was up?
Pep allowed the CHs to play 30yards from Palace’s goal, passing the ball between them Dias, Ake and Walker who were the top in numbers, they are least creative in the squad. Today they spent the game passing the ball along the line to each other consequently our creative players are isolated this has been happening a lot this season but this match illustration it more than ever other It was developing in the first half and I thought Pep would make a change unfortunately he didn’t The space behind out back line over a 100 yards gave Palace exactly what they wanted Gvardiol is not a fullback and certainly not one that can overlap his experiment of Jack playing in the middle wasn’t working Pep is so fucking stubborn it’s alarming and costly for us this season The speed of the play slow slow slow

IMG_2400.png

Last edited:
Anyone not see that coming ?

As soon as Walker, Ake and Dias started playing it amongst themselves towards the end I got a sense of forboding. Not because they are poor players, they aren't, it was the disappearance of the midfield again that worried me.

The concession of late goals and dropped points against teams we have outplayed is happening to often to be unlucky and Pep needs to come up with a solution pdq.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.