Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

Bitterly disappointing result. When Rodri didn't slip Foden through on about 70 mins to go 3 nil up I was thinking that had better not come back to bite us in the arse. Few minutes later they'd pulled it back to 2-1 and I was fearing and half expecting the worse. 8 points dropped in 5 games to late goals. Becoming far too much of a habit.

I also think it's time to retire the 'best defence in Europe' chant. We seem to concede with pretty much every chance the opposition get. Not the best defence in Lancashire, never mind Europe.

Could it be the Pep burnout on the players after a long and emotional season last season and some are not responding? Hopefully not but things with some players look off at the moment?
He has always said throughout his managerial career that when the players stop responding to him then it's time to move on. You have to say that neither he or the players are anywhere near the top of their game so far this season.

Can he get the fire in his belly back as he does seem very passive right now, with today being a prime example.

Posted this in another thread. I do think our recruitment in recent years has been poor though. We use to have Aguero, Silva, Sane, Vinnie, Yaya, Tevez, Dzeko, Nasri, Sterling, Fernandinho, Zabaleta, Gundogan, Mahrez, all on form start today. They are city level players And unfortunately Lewis, Alvarez, Kovacic, Phillips, Doku (50/50), Nunues, Gomez are not.

Anyone not into football watching our games must wonder how we make the art of scoring goals look so complicated yet so easy for the opponents.
There are too many technical players in our team and not enough with a killer instinct.
We lack pace and creativity and what we do create we do not have anyone to finish bar Haaland and even he is missing chances galore this season.
We lost Peps assistant to Leicester, i wonder if our coaching regime needs to be looked at as out defending was pretty solid last season but has turned to a joke this, despite spending a fortune on Gvardiol but its the complete lack of firepower and putting our chances away that is costing us most, all the recent home draws should have been games over by half time but we are too easy to play against these days, just let us have the ball as we wont do much with it and counter us with 1 simple long ball and any shot will result in a goal.
Our fitness leaves a lot to be desired also, we looked gassed after 65 minutes yet nearly all were rested in midweek and Newcastle had no issues today despite also playing in midweek with more of thier 1st team
Newcastle were playing against 10 men for 70 odd minutes today but agree with some of the earlier points you've made.

Bitterly disappointing result. When Rodri didn't slip Foden through on about 70 mins to go 3 nil up I was thinking that had better not come back to bite us in the arse. Few minutes later they'd pulled it back to 2-1 and I was fearing and half expecting the worse. 8 points dropped in 5 games to late goals. Becoming far too much of a habit.

I also think it's time to retire the 'best defence in Europe' chant. We seem to concede with pretty much every chance the opposition get. Not the best defence in Lancashire, never mind Europe.
God, that felt like a big moment and it's crazy to say that still up 2-0... He just passed it to no one.

Champions mentality non existent.
Solid defence non existent.
Giving the ball away far too easily.
Tourist central .
Shite atmosphere , phones and all sorts of shit everywhere.

It doesn’t feel and look right this season for sure !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.