Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

I mean over the season. We are still in the mix, going for an unprecedented 4th PL title in a row. There is a reason it is unprecedented; because it's so fucking difficult.

There are 2 teams on the pitch, and it's a test of skill, stamina, conditioning, tactics and performance. We should be better in all departments, but that isn't an entitlement. We have to give credit to Palace.

For most of the game, we got it spot on, and it was only for some good saves and crap finishing that we weren't 5 goals to the good. We got it wrong 3 or 4 times and it cost us 2 goals.

That's football.
This is all that needs saying.

I'm just generally sad. I can whine about the refs, Walker, our defense, Pep, our toothless offense, our soft under belly, uninspired summer acquisition, someone committing a dumb play late in the game, the commentators etc

But overall, we are just in a funk

Agree and find it weird that pep has played Walker a 33 year old every game apart from 1 I think!

It's like before the World Cup last season pep was playing weird teams but after the World Cup and few bad games he went to four centre backs and we went on a long run of wins
Pep must have agreed to play him if he stayed and it's killing us, now his pace and game awareness have gone he is like a man down. He should have been punted after his howler at Sheff U.

Limited Palace to just two shots on target is pretty impressive.
We’re just going through a phase where it seems like every shot on target is a goal.
This is similar to Pep’s first season.
Even if we don’t win the league this season, things will get better next season.
Our boys have a lot of credits in the bank after the triumph of last season and the unrelenting attack against the club from rivals aided by their media lackeys.

Reckon the Dog & Duck ladies reserve team would bag a couple of goals against us. At least today's result has moved us a point closer to the red scousers - other than that, positives are hard to find.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.