Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

63 days sober. Gonna be the first Christmas in 40 years where I’ve been off the booze. It was time to stop and think about the long term consequences for me. Life’s good. Alcohol is great if you have an off switch. I don’t unfortunately. Merry Christmas to you all.
Good luck, Blue!

As I have been seriously trying to reduce my intake, it has made me turn to sugar (which I was never particularly a huge fan of).

Eat loads of fucking ice cream (yes fucking ice cream - I'm a grown man FFS!?!).

I heavier than I usually run at but I have been exercising a lot better and with a lot more regularity..............
Running after Mr whippys van :+)

63 days sober. Gonna be the first Christmas in 40 years where I’ve been off the booze. It was time to stop and think about the long term consequences for me. Life’s good. Alcohol is great if you have an off switch. I don’t unfortunately. Merry Christmas to you all.
I'm exactly the same. Which is why, as hard as it is to say no to the first one, it's always the right answer for me.
63 days is a fantastic achievement, especially so at this time of year.

I'm exactly the same. Which is why, as hard as it is to say no to the first one, it's always the right answer for me.
Thanks, yeah if you don’t pick the first one up, there’s no second, third or twentieth. I’ve a great, loving, supporting family around me. This is also a massive help. “One day at a time “ has become almost something of a mantra to me. All the best. :)

Same as me never knew when to stop :+( I'm being quite naughty tonight making the Mrs Tia Maria coffees she's enjoying them and I'm going to enjoy it tomorrow when she struggles with her Xmas dinner :+))

I've not had an alcohol free day since Lockdown started.I know I need to stop. I quite enjoy that fuzzy feeling after a few.

Going to try and stop after Boxing Day. Did it with smoking after 30 years; just stopped.

It's ingrained in me, have a few pints before the match. Another at half time. Etc etc

Last year was probably the best time to give up. We had won everything

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.