North Stand Expansion

That's exactly what it is, so we can compare it to 9320 etc, i dont think anyone would argue that the 9320 has a similar atmosphere to the singing sections. We should be trying to create a better atmosphere throughout the new stand than the current singing sections.

It doesn't need to be the 93:20 though. It doesn't need to offer padded seats. You get a standard seat like the rest of the stand, at the bottom of the tier in prime seats which deserve a premium cost and you get access to your own bar which is pay as you go. The season ticket cost is slightly more than the rest of the stand, but not dramatically more. Then it will work fine, but I fully understand the cynicism around it - and fundamentally it's about the overall perception of the stand. We're picturing big games with banners and noise and having people emerge late on and not joining in will make a negative impact. You could do with your most hardcore fans being at the front of it to do the banners, and at the back to make the most of the roof. But we're talking about a huge stand with about 10,000 people in it. We can take 2,500 to an away game and make a racket, so grouping a good 9,000 fans together will do the job regardless of who is sat amongst them.

We are arguing a distant hypothetical from two set pre-concieved positions. Who ultimately turns out to be right, time will tell, and it may even vary match to match.

The things I am however fairly confident on.
- those 640 seats are not in a bubble, they are not isolated from the rest of the stand, the atmosphere, the noise etc.
- they are a small proportion, and it really would take every single one of them being a dud, to make a very small difference to a 12000 person stand.
- The layout as is, is that flexible that it allows for a number of ultimate possibilities for those seats, even when built. So who is in them or how they are priced and sold, might not be as black and white as it is currently made out.
- for your own experience of hospitality, which I neither doubt nor debate, there are multiple examples of contrasting experiences. It is a percentage and numbers game, and I myself think they are too big to broadbrush.

If none of the above gives you a bit of comfort, then it will just be a case of time will tell. We will no doubt revisit this conversation then, and as you say a few rounds inbetween too. Hopefully we won't get on each other's tits in the meantime ;)

I‘m still somewhat open minded about the proposed hospitality section, but deep down I know the fans in it won’t continually contribute to the singing and atmosphere on NSL2. I’m not saying the fans in there won’t stand up, sing, and join in at all, I’m saying they will do it sporadically, just like the fans did yesterday in ESL3. 3 different chants. Being honest, which I try and always be, there are fans like that who stand in SSL1 who prefer to watch the match and don’t sing, but there aren’t many of them.

Last edited:
It doesn't need to be the 93:20 though. It doesn't need to offer padded seats. You get a standard seat like the rest of the stand, at the bottom of the tier in prime seats which deserve a premium cost and you get access to your own bar which is pay as you go. The season ticket cost is slightly more than the rest of the stand, but not dramatically more. Then it will work fine, but I fully understand the cynicism around it - and fundamentally it's about the overall perception of the stand. We're picturing big games with banners and noise and having people emerge late on and not joining in will make a negative impact. You could do with your most hardcore fans being at the front of it to do the banners, and at the back to make the most of the roof. But we're talking about a huge stand with about 10,000 people in it. We can take 2,500 to an away game and make a racket, so grouping a good 9,000 fans together will do the job regardless of who is sat amongst them.
Totally agree, but at the minute the design is 100% for it to be a premium padded seat area. Hopefully the club see sense and go down your route if they are insistent on a premium priced option in that area.

The club could quite easily expand existing hospitality seating in other parts of the ground to make up those 700 hospitality seats proposed for the front of NSL2. It really isn’t the end of the world and losing the revenue from 700 seats at the front of NSL2 if the club did that. For arguments sake 8000 existing season tickets holders and match going Citizen card holders could apply to move into NSL2 from other parts of the ground freeing up 8000 seats in other stands and blocks.

That's exactly what it is, so we can compare it to 9320 etc, i dont think anyone would argue that the 9320 has a similar atmosphere to the singing sections. We should be trying to create a better atmosphere throughout the new stand than the current singing sections.
My thing with joining in singing is in my experience more people than not join in if those around are singing, those same people won't stand or sing if nobody else around them are.So if that is a home end and the rest of the blocks are singing there's a fair chance most of those in the premium seats would join in.
Another reason may don't join in is singing needs to spread around the stadium from block to block, same as a Poznzn,because of that reluctance to sing until your neighbours are,usually by the time it gets much further than the SS it's petered out.

My thing with joining in singing is in my experience more people than not join in if those around are singing, those same people won't stand or sing if nobody else around them are.So if that is a home end and the rest of the blocks are singing there's a fair chance most of those in the premium seats would join in.
Another reason may don't join in is singing needs to spread around the stadium from block to block, same as a Poznzn,because of that reluctance to sing until your neighbours are,usually by the time it gets much further than the SS it's petered out.
And therein lies the problem a new home end needs to be full of people who will sing whatever not because their neighbours are singing.

OK, Huddersfield fans weren’t great compared to what other away fans have been in cup games in SSL3, but even yesterday showed what a racket 5000 fans make on SSL3. 1000 Huddersfield fans were put SSL2 due to netting and safety precautions on SSL3. Imagine the noise, atmosphere and support generated by 8000 City fans in NSL2 if the club got NSL2 right.

Was looking at those South Stand corners yesterday before KO and thinking about how rough they look. I know they’re ’temporary’ but let’s face it, they’ll be there for another 10 years at least.

Would make a huge difference with screens there and at least paper over the cracks a bit. The seating there could fit under the screens still as well.

IMG_8823.jpeg
IMG_8824.jpeg

And therein lies the problem a new home end needs to be full of people who will sing whatever not because their neighbours are singing.
I don't think there are 8000 of those,but there are plenty that want to sing as long as their neighbours are and there is not reason to think some of those aren't those prepared to pay a bit more for a couple of perks.

In my pre fan consultation and pre planning application naivety I had visions of AC Milan’s Curva South morphing into NSL2. Before :-) After. :-(

1704712988029.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.