Transfer Nightmare After Winning The League

As we've seen with Pep, a proper manager makes all the difference. We all lamented at the 4-4-2 Pellegrini played, with the treacle slow full backs in Kolarov & Zabaleta.

I'll never forget Fat Sam's interview after Spam beat us away. He said what we all knew & could see happening week after week.

Spam soaked up the pressure, but knew Kola & Zabs had the pace of a couple of pensioners, so he stuck a couple of speedster out wide, waited until our attacks broke down & sprayed wide balls in behind the defence for their whippets to latch onto.

It happened week after week & Pellers didn't have the capacity to adapt his tactics accordingly & stubbornly stuck to his limited 4-4-2. He won the 2013 title with Mancini's squad, & left in 2016 with City almost relegated from the Champions League.

By contrast, look how embarrassed Pep was during his Udders post match interview, after that League One manager remarked how Baldy's revolutionised the English game.

Even teams in the amateur leagues are playing out from the back, & using inverted full backs, & prioritising possession.

The Goven Piss Can maybe the most successful manager ever in the English game, but he had by far the best players in the PL in his bog standard 4-4-2 formation.

Pep's rewritten the football handbook, & everyone from kids football, to our Champions League rivals have followed suit.

Guardiola must be the greatest manager to have ever graced the game, & I can't believe he's all ours!
Our weakness is still the channel ball for speedy wingers to run on to!

Some people have PTSD with Sane transfer but I have PTSD with Dzeko's exit. Absolutely loved him.

And I feared him a lot more than Lukaku in the CL final.
I didn’t think he was quite flexible enough and needed a team built around him.

Tevez and Aguero were my preferred strikers back then.

Don't know if Mancini had much of a hand in the other signings, but I remember reading somewhere Sinclair coming in was purely down to Marwood. Mancini obviously didn't want him and I've always thought he didn't play him that season purely to prove a point.
I’ve read Craig Bellamy’s autobiography and Cook, who suggested Cardiff to him, said Mancini called the shots with regards to transfers.

All my Welsh family are Swansea and Sinclair’s hat trick won them promotion to the Premier League. He was a popular player and also had Helen Flanagan to get home to…

It was Mancini's own fault. He wanted five strikers and didn't want hear about FFP. He could have signed Van Persie but refused to sell Balotelli. Van Persie won the league for the rags and Balotelli went on loan in January, but only after having a public bust up with Mancini having contributed jack shit for five months.

It was quite obvious that De Rossi had no interest in playing for City. He was woefully one-paced at the best of times and never did anything anywhere else to suggest he would have improved the team significantly. Mancini was obsessed with him, but if we were going to spend a fortune on a midfield player it should have been Fernandinho a year early.

Had City called Mancini's bluff and accepted his resignation at the beginning of the summer we would have had a more productive transfer window.

Walker sorts out one side, which is why I'd absolutely love Real bound Alphonso Davies on the other.

Our high line depends on springing the offside trap & having pace at the back in case that fails. Sometimes we get caught out.
If we can’t get Davies, then we need the second quickest fullback in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.