PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

No - you are wrong sir.
They might have breached PL for 22/23 - we should find out next week. And they def look like failing for 23/24.
Swiss Ramble has a detailed article about it on his sub stack and Stefan was explaining it all on a 93.20 pod yesterday and also he’s done lots of workings on his Twitter account.
So to be clear, new owners don't essentially get three years grace from FFP?

I recall report on the Chavs looking to sell Connor Gallagher with a view to FFP compliance, but it was mentioned this was looking forward to when their grace period ended, purely because of the unprecedented amounts they'd spent already.

As far as I'm aware, all inward revenue counts towards FFP, & Sheikh Mansour can spend what he likes on everything at City, apart from anything directly related to the first team squad, which tells you all you need to know about FFP.

This is what they did so City couldn't challenge the elite on the pitch. Take Newcastle for instance. They need to bolster their squad but can't because they're apparently nearly up to their FFP limit.

There's even talk of them having to sell one from Guimarães, Isak or Botman, so they can use the funds to bolster their squad.

However, if PIF wanted to spend £2bn rebuilding St James' Park, that's perfectly fine. But if they spent a few million more on their first team squad, they're in danger of falling foul of FFP.

This is why FFP's so unfair. How're Newcastle supposed to compete with the elite clubs, when they have to sell their best players to the elite clubs, so they can invest in other areas of their squad?

This was one of the points City made when UEFA were telling us to take our time & build our squad organically.

Because FFP limits an ambitious club from making the necessary first team squad investment to challenge the elite clubs, they're in danger of the elite clubs picking off their best players, which will keep the chasing clubs right where they are as FFP intended.

Clubs like Newcastle will essentially become a feeder club for the big boys. This is the unfair logical conclusion of FFP.
The cartel clubs are getting stuck between a rock and a hard stone.
Some form of restriction will have to stay in place or the likes of Newcastle will be able to march on.
At the moment increasing revenue streams by being creative off the pitch appears to be the only way forward, whilst trying to maintain progress on the pitch, top management across the board is crutial.
Dare I say a little bit of creative accounting would help but maybe the PL have by now tightened up their rules.

I recall report on the Chavs looking to sell Connor Gallagher with a view to FFP compliance, but it was mentioned this was looking forward to when their grace period ended, purely because of the unprecedented amounts they'd spent already.

I don't think they get 3 years grace.

I have a recollection of there being some kind of allowance made for Milan's change of ownership, but can't find any reference to it now. Of course, that was also UEFA FFP not PL FFP, so may not be a good comparator.

Correct Chelsea don’t get 3 years grace in the Premier League.

Yes they want to sell Gallagher to bring down their forecast losses for 23/24. He doesn’t want to go though but Poch and the fans want him to stay.

I'm past explaining this shit to opposition fans. They couldn't care less about the details anyway.

As far as they're concerned, believing our success is down to us being FFP cheats, allows them to sleep at night.

Facing the fact that 'Likkle Citeh' have been the dominant UK team for the last 10 years is too much for them to bear.

They can't take it, so it's better to live under the FFP cheats delusion, than face the fact we've got the best manager in the history of football, the best owner, & the best management team too.

To quantify this, I'm yet to happen across ONE opposition fan who even knows what the 115 charges are, let alone what our defence is, or the state of our finances!

They STILL believe Sheikh Mansour gives us £1bn per season for transfers, because we've got no fans, hence why our ground is always empty, meaning we barely earn a bean in legal revenue.

Fuck the brain dead gimps. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Good post.

You describe the unreal world our enemies have created which the media is happy to magnify.

I'm sure our owners are happy to continue their financial investment to sweep up even more of the global rewards success brings.

Long may others live in a football make believe leaving City to focus on their business plans.

I'm past explaining this shit to opposition fans. They couldn't care less about the details anyway.

As far as they're concerned, believing our success is down to us being FFP cheats, allows them to sleep at night.

Facing the fact that 'Likkle Citeh' have been the dominant UK team for the last 10 years is too much for them to bear.

They can't take it, so it's better to live under the FFP cheats delusion, than face the fact we've got the best manager in the history of football, the best owner, & the best management team too.

To quantify this, I'm yet to happen across ONE opposition fan who even knows what the 115 charges are, let alone what our defence is, or the state of our finances!

They STILL believe Sheikh Mansour gives us £1bn per season for transfers, because we've got no fans, hence why our ground is always empty, meaning we barely earn a bean in legal revenue.

Fuck the brain dead gimps. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

It's utterly pointless even discussing it with them as you say. It's been years of relentless spin and lies from the redshirt loving media that has totally brainwashed them. Utter cunts like Jordan continue the narrative to this day, calling us a manufactured/Frankenstein club. I hope we continue to dominate forever and leave them crying and wailing at their TV screens and the radio at how unfair it all is. Tough shit!

The cartel clubs are getting stuck between a rock and a hard stone.
Some form of restriction will have to stay in place or the likes of Newcastle will be able to march on.
At the moment increasing revenue streams by being creative off the pitch appears to be the only way forward, whilst trying to maintain progress on the pitch, top management across the board is crutial.
Dare I say a little bit of creative accounting would help but maybe the PL have by now tightened up their rules.
Nail on the head. It's move & counter move. Smoke & mirrors.

We can only guess the measures City had to go through to continue on our path, & we continue to see the levels the European elite clubs will go to, to stop us.

Newcastle are the living embodiment of what City warned. Imagine the dismay on Tyneside if they're forced to sell one of their three most saleable assets to their direct rivals, just to avoid falling foul of FFP?

In truth, City must be sat back sporting a big wry smile as the PL will potentially hammer another seriously wealthy club with zero debt, under the guise of saving them from themselves! ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.