Spurs (A) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Set piece coach deserves a drink for that. Was wondering why we kept on going for that cross from every corner and why Dias stayed where he was for every one of them too but it was clearly targeted that their keeper would be weak under pressure from it. Piss poor by Spurs to not twig and cover it from several corners before as we didn’t even mix it up at all but worked a charm in the end.

Some rusty performances I thought from Rodri and Bernardo but thought Kovacic played well and we never really looked troubled.

That goal though was such a relief. Not sure I could have coped with not scoring there again. We can play a hell of a lot better, but that’s a great result.

Just thinking about the goal again and the scrutiny from VAR and then itv after it was given,if that’s spurs who scored you can bet itv would have said no it’s a goal for sure no foul or interference on goalie ..
Stop it. One of the commentators said there had already been goals like that given. If anything they wanted it to be a goal. McCoist even said he thought the goalkeeper was at fault.

Pre Christmas, I felt City looked sluggish, maybe a hangover from the Treble.

But tonight, THAT is the Man City we all know.

Quick, Zipping passes, movement, passion...all on display tonight.

Arguably the best all-round performance of the season for me. And predominantly without our two main men.

Thought Kovacic had his best game in blue as well.

Nathan Ake...man just gets better and better
Ake is foot perfect game after game. Just doesn't make mistakes at all - underrated on the ball.

Overall a disappointing performance where we totally dominated were robbed of a goal but then allowed them back in the game without really threatening to score. Good result but lacked a cutting edge.
That's why we're desperate for Haaland to get back, I love Alvarez works his arse off, but he's very little threat in the oppositions box at present

When Kev missed that shot I honestly thought that the hoodoo was still with us. Thank you Nathan Ake for finally putting an end to it. Absolutely deserved the victory. Spuds players and the ref were trying to get Rodri wound up all game and I'm surprised that he wasn't one of the players carded though how some of theirs escaped I'll never know. Tierney is such an inept referee and got a lot wrong (for both sides) tonight. Thankfully (for us), he got the one that mattered right. Still surprised it was given though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.