Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

One of those games. We weren’t shite and am scratching my head at the amount of posts saying we were.

We obviously weren’t out of this world, but we were not shite. They made it hard. Chelsea had a game plan, defended well and with the players they have, they posed a threat on the break.

Few points to remember:
We’ve just played a champions league game mid-week.
Players returning from injury.
Appalling match officials - how Caceido stayed on and Gallagher didn’t get a yellow is beyond me. 4 mins for added time and no penalty? FFS. No offside flag for their attack in the second half which Eddie made a good save on as well as the Fernandes miss - playing on distorts the game as it creates momentum.

So, think we will look back and be very grateful for the Rodri equaliser. Every game is huge from now on. Arsenal and Liverpool know that. Let’s see what happens when they start again in Europe.

I think i must be too easily pleased because I don’t get the negative comments. We dominated the game and the players ran their socks off.
No team can win all the time.
Definitely can’t knock the effort and commitment on show.

Defensively we are not as good as last season and erling was scoring for fun. We will need both to happen if we are to win silverware again this season.

Add in a typical ref performance and this happens from time to time. Bounce back against Brentford.

Still think we are short overall in the creative department. Recruitment need to be better in the future. Kova and nunes have not done enough or are maybe just not good enough. This is the type of games we need other to contribute.

SO SHOULD CACIEDO OF GOT SENT OFF ? Should we of had a penalty or TWO before half time? Were you watching a different game Trev? Yes we were dog shit for parts, but them refereeing decisions have cost us. I'm out of here for tonight in case I say something I regret. Peace out Tricky.
Chelsea got 4 cards 1st half at Dippers, v us, nah just allowed to foul at will

While it's heresy to say it I think we play better football without Erling.
That's not to say he's not a brilliant striker who helped us win a historic treble.
But I'd prefer someone a bit more mobile up front.

Haaland is definately no where near lije last season, albeit out for 2 months and still top of the scoring charts shows his class

That said, he isnt Aguero in that he can come deep and take on players to create his own space and score. Thats the difference I notice myself when i see Haaland perform like today, they are 2 totally different styles of forwards.

Sky concentrating on the Chelsea missed chances but two of them were borderline offside and would have gone to VAR if they had scored , so its pie in the sky negativity as usual and from the usual suspects.
Look at the post match pundits , Dalglish's daughter , Dipper , Spit , Dipper and Sturridge Dipper , we have Micah who is a level headed pundit who can deal with his allegiances , Dipper fans watching this will actually be believing the shite that is spouted and will be dreaming of a title win.
Dream on.
I thought about this too, I think they counted them as part of their shots stats.

Andros Townsend was an OK player.

OK players aren't gonna win us trophies. We need players that are better than OK.

Agreed.

Though Doku has already showed what he is capable of,on occasion,which is better than "ok" imo.

Either way,he should be given the benefit of the doubt to prove he's going to be better than OK long term.

I recall people on this forum saying Rodri wouldnt make a City player in his 1st season too.

Whilst I can agree with most of the frustration on this thread, it wasn't our best game, too many not playing at their best level etc. Remember this time last year. I for one was questioning how we were playing, Peps tactics etc...and then the rest is history, winning the treble! We have to remember we have the best manager and some of the best players in world football. We have to believe Pep will sort us out and you never know...we just might go on another run and win a trophy or two or three!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.