11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

I like him but his brain and legs seem to tire in mid second half of games stops running at fullbacks with the same intensity

If all it takes is a double team for you to be rendered ineffectual then I'm sorry but you have a long way to go as a winger.

(It's not Jack vs Doku) but I've seen Jack hold off a man and protect the ball like his life depended on it, I've seen him burst a lung running back towards his own goal stopping a counter-attack. He's not great offensively but he's in-sync with the team.

Doku is still an individual playing in a team. He slows down the game too much, never runs in behind, poor defensively, weak shot no end product, just about sold all my stocks in this kid, think Oscar Bobb deserves to start ahead of him.
He doesn't have much stamina, always looks knackered.

His pace is a bit of a myth…..he’s very quick over 5 yards and hence why he needs the ball on the edge of the box but he’s not going win a race from the halfway line because he just hasn’t got the stamina…..like a Sane or Sterling.

To be fair he was faced by two players every time he attacked the fullback.

He definitely needs another trick because yesterday he was too predictable.

His final ball is awful.

He's also in his early 20s and very far from the finished article.

And he's come back from injury. He was lighting the league up before that.

The sort of player the kids love because he waves his legs around a lot, but not much end product.
Ake was getting overrun, first half, because he wouldn't track his full back either.

Predictable. Gusto was made to look world class. Look at Neto v Spurs, that’s an elite wide man. Where’s Oscar Bobb, seems to be punished for scoring the winner at Newcastle. Odd.

The sort of player the kids love because he waves his legs around a lot, but not much end product.
Ake was getting overrun, first half, because he wouldn't track his full back either.
If he is to make it long term with us he needs to toughen the @uck up.

He is soft as shit and certainly does not like it up him and defenders have already sussed that out.

He’s lost a bit of confidence and form in the last month. Mad to see so many around me at the game turn on him yesterday and some of the comments on here writing him off.

We all saw what he can do when he’s flying like at the start of the season. Give the young lad time, he has an abundance of talent.

Hope he gets through this sticky patch. Main thing missing for me is I don't think his teammates can read him or enjoy him so doesnt get many little links ups going to mix it up with the dribbling game.

Starting v Chelsea not right. Big games like this bring him on at 65 mins

Home games v lesser teams start him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.