City announce trial bus scheme for home games

People on the buses need to be informed of the leaving times after the match. That way they will know if they will get to the buses in time or not after the match is over.

Reactions: CC1
People on the buses need to be informed of the leaving times after the match. That way they will know if they will get to the buses in time or not after the match is over.
The website suggested it would leave around 19:45, which given where they parked seemed like a few people would struggle to get there in time, but we didn't get going until 20:10 and then were caught up in the traffic.

Frustrating thing was it seemed like anyone who was going to get on, was back onboard for about 19:50 so could have been away that bit earlier, which would have saved about 30 mins overall. Not the end of the world, but in the end not really any quicker than walking to town and getting the train, when in theory it should be a lot quicker.

I asked the driver what the delay was and he didn't know, just that the people with clipboards wouldn't let them go. First time he had done the route and (it did go an odd way back). But as you say, maybe it will bed down and going was great, so will probably give it another go. But if they are not going to allow people to pre-book and therefore not sure who is going to get on the return, it should just leave at the time advertised.

Last edited:
Not sure if everyone was going on the piss in town or everyone decided to go on the buses but managed to get back to Cheadle for 20.10 by car, which is a record as it’s usually carnage, long may it continue

The website suggested it would leave around 19:45, which given where they parked seemed like a few people would struggle to get there in time, but we didn't get going until 20:10 and then were caught up in the traffic.

Frustrating thing was it seemed like anyone who was going to get on, was back onboard for about 19:50 so could have been away that bit earlier, which would have saved about 30 mins overall. Not the end of the world, but in the end not really any quicker than walking to town and getting the train, when in theory it should be a lot quicker.

I asked the driver what the delay was and he didn't know, just that the people with clipboards wouldn't let them go. First time he had done the route and (it did go an odd way back). But as you say, maybe it will bed down and going was great, so will probably give it another go. But if they are not going to allow people to pre-book and therefore not sure who is going to get on the return, it should just leave at the time advertised.
It was annoying to have to sit on the full bus for 20 minutes without someone telling us why we couldn’t leave. The driver was obviously a temporary employee as he usually drives coaches. Nice guy but he didnt know the supposed route as per the web site; we had to keep going to the front of the bus to give him direction; couldn’t use the pay machine (which was a bonus:) ). and didn’t have a clue why we had to sit in the bus park for 20 minutes. The clip board steward didn’t think to tell us why we couldn’t go even though she kept coming on to the bus.
Got home about 3/4 hour later than when I drive but I think it will get better & be worthwhile

It will never be better than the bus from the ataturk to Istanbul Airport
. NEVER.

Last edited:
I was going to get the bus but bottled out at the last hurdle when I saw that SOME trains were running, it nearly backfired as some **** with a red marker tried his/her best to strand passengers after the match finished.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.