Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

That's been honest which full back would target ? A rapid Walker or an ordinary paced Ake ?

I dont think it mattered who would of played left back , for speed you target Ake.

Walker also has Phil helping out when he is on the wing, Ake would normally have Grealish helping out. Duko hasnt got the art of tracking back yet !! So Ake was very exposed.

Chelsea did their homework

Also wants happen to playing Rico at right back pushing into midfield ? Both him and Bobb seem to have disappeared. I would like to have seen Bobb replace Duko for at least 15 minutes

Good game, City could do better, thats obvious, but second half was really good. Alvarez and Akanji are better than yesterday and I expect both to improve. At the moment its quite obvious Stones and Bernardo will play in most important games. Foden and Haaland below their standards as been Doku - still pretty dominant display, especially second half.

Point is Chelsea is underrated cause of their inconsistency. Young squad with plenty of quality, league position reflects lack of experience at highest level. Still, when they really try are danger for all top teams.

In bigger picture this result is not that vital for our season. Lets see how games against Arsenal and Liverpool pans out.

A point gained from what was looking to be a bit of a hole of our own making in the first half. I can't get on board with the open malice towards Doku and Walker, both were a little haphazard but nothing more. I actually admitted Doku's energy and sticking to a hard task.

I admired City's effort in the second half, but technically some players were a little below par. No doubt Haaland's finishing was not up to standard of a top striker.

My main issue was the selection of Akanji in that position, I just don't believe he has the ability to play that role and it actually becomes a bit counter productive.

We've been on a good run and we need to get back to it, put this out of mind. It's a competitive season, we need to stop believing it's simply our league and get behind the lads. Definitely a penalty in injury time for me for pulling and wrestling, over handball.

Not a bad performance but a disappointing result none the less. You could see the high tempo for the last 20 mins but that little bit of luck or quality just wasn't there. The wiggle room for retaining the title is diminishing though.

Just getting sick and tired with the game, cheating week in week out.
1) Red top teams opponents seem to get soft early cards. Chelsea had 4 in the first half at Anfield. Us, nah foul at will, its okay. Dippers 19 fouls today, 1 card.
2) 100% nailed on penalty for a red top team at the end. Us, nah nothing to see. on a Day Dippers got away with one of the most blatant penalties you will see and Arsenal awarded one for a dive.
3) 4 minutes added on was a piss take. Arsenal had 10 again today and would have in this game.

That said, we were shocking, esp first half. Akverez in midfield kills us, as does Akanji stepping into midfield. We are dreadful attacking, 5 shots on target from 32 attempts is embarrassing and its been that way all season.

This is why we will fall short this season, forget our leaky defence , we create enough to score 5 plus most games but we are fucking hopeless in putting the ball in the back of the net, even our goal had to take a deflection to go in.
Haaland for all his goals is killing us atm, hardly involved yet last season everything he hit went in and won us games, cant hit a barn door this season, perhaps over achieved, too many award ceremonies and believing his own hype this season. No excuse not to have scored today.

We create chances for fun where Dippers/Arsenal dont but they atm are far far more clinical than us.

The Stones/Akanji into midfield no longer works, teams have sussed it, Alverez is not a midfielder, Doku is not ready, poor team selection today-and we are constantly cut open on the break or by one long pass
JS didn't play today.....

Grow up you child Muppet. We lost but think about how many games Walker won for us,how many titles we've won because of him .Shit happens but don't ever slag him off because he's been awesome for us .
We didn’t lose Kermit brain and expressing opinions are what forums are for, praise when good, slag off when bad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.