First Away Game

Was that the game where they decided to interview Alan Ball right in front of the away end after the game, with predictable comedy accompaniment from the City fans still locked in?
not sure mate...I was somehow in the home end...stood in a cage about on the level where Simmo hit it and the cross went over for Dave Phillips header. I could see the City end go mental. God knows why or how my Dad got tickets in the home end and that place, that game and with their fans. Think he regretted it and we got away rather sharpish at the end of the game.

in any case I think Alan Balls reception would still have been better than it would if theyd have done it 10 years later!!!

I think it was the replay against Everton in 66 in the 6th round of the fa cup
My 2nd away game was the 2nd replay played at Wolves.

I might of been to other away games but this is the first I remember.

Last edited:
Bolton late 70s I think.
My dad's mate was a Bolton fan and took me, and being a proper gent stood in the city end for me.

The famous boxing day at Stoke with 13000 blues in attendance with all the inflatables, mental for a 10 year old.

Huddersfield away, FA Cup 3rd round. Jan '88 at the old Leeds Rd. 2-2 John Gidman scored a last minute free kick to equalize, Mel Machin and Neil McNab both sent off. We'd beaten them 10-1 ealier that season so it was only to be expected that we nearly made a pigs ear of this one. Just googled it and the attendance was 18k, and at least half of that must have been Blues. Fairly uneventful game other than that.

Sheffield United 72/73 season, a one all draw, yelloway coach from Rochdale. Think it was a couple of weeks after my first game at Maine Road being the Derby and a 3-0 city victory.

Sheffield United 72/73 season, a one all draw, yelloway coach from Rochdale. Think it was a couple of weeks after my first game at Maine Road being the Derby and a 3-0 city victory.
Was the Shuff match when there was was a bottle battle on their end ?

Broken heads, match delayed.

I think mine was Leicester away at Filbert St in 1987,can't think back if there was one before that, got fucking mullered 4-0, Perry Suckling in goals, remember Smith is on his way to Arsenal being sang to the Leicester fans, he scored that day as well the twat.

I kept the faith though and was worth it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.