PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I think Everton are looking to reduce the deduction for pleading guilty, saying 10 points are far too many, as it spells relegation for half of the teams in the PL.

I think they might get it reduced to six points, or two victories, with the 4 point difference being a big deal.

Without a clear penalties laid out beforehand, it could seem arbitrary and capricious.

Perhaps a schedule, for example, $0-25M shortfall being a 3 point penalty, $26-50M being 6 points, $51-75M being 9 points, etc… might have made the Everton penalty feel less shocking.
The PL proposed a 'tariff' starting at a 6 point deduction for failing FFP and another point deducted for each £5m a team failed by. So 10 points deducted for failing by £20m, which would probably have been Everton's punishment.

The independent commission rejected that however, saying it should be up to them to decide any penalty. And then imposed a 10-point penalty.

Anyway apart from my original and first post on here, I do think the fact the club are continuing to invest millions into a new stand and women’s training centre has to be a good sign surely??
Anyway apart from my original and first post on here, I do think the fact the club are continuing to invest millions into a new stand and women’s training centre has to be a good sign surely??
Noel Gallagher wasn’t so sure when he was giving my lad his guitar lesson yesterday.

The PL proposed a 'tariff' starting at a 6 point deduction for failing FFP and another point deducted for each £5m a team failed by. So 10 points deducted for failing by £20m, which would probably have been Everton's punishment.

The independent commission rejected that however, saying it should be up to them to decide any penalty. And then imposed a 10-point penalty.
Thanks for the tariff info.

Seems like, given the large amounts that can change hands at the last minute with transfers, the financial margins are creating penalties that are simply too large.

10 points is an enormous impediment, dooming half the teams in the League to relegation. And, while I’m not against points being a final penalty, it seems like it’s a draconian result. Perhaps a transfer embargo until in compliance for one reporting period, followed by a 3 pt penalty for each subsequent exceedance, etc…

I think the thing that has outraged fans is that they get deeply harmed by the actions of the mgmt of their club, and this 10 point penalty FEELS like it came out of left field to most people.

Again, I appreciate your fact-based contributions on Bluemoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.