£5.25 Aldi wine as good as £3,000 bottle.

If I’m splashing out I’ll have: Bordeaux, Napa Valley or top-end Malbec, but the former is still the King.

Most I’ve spent on a bottle of wine is about £200, and I would say the law of diminishing returns applies after that point. That was an exception though (think it was my birthday) and £100 is normally my limit.

I’m certainly no expert, but usually pick quite well, nearly always choosing one of the above in the £40 to £60 range. Think it’s mainly down to luck tbh.

The headline, however, is totally misleading and underlines why the press in this country is such a fucking joke. The reviewer said this:

Sam said she tried a bottle and found it to be very drinkable. She said: "While I've never tried £3,000 wine (or any that are anywhere near as expensive) Aldi's version is a fantastic bottle of red
So how the fuck can she know it’s “just as good” which is almost certainly isn’t. I expect it’s probably very nice though. You can get some amazing wines for fuck all in Aldi and Lidl.

If I’m splashing out I’ll have: Bordeaux, Napa Valley or top-end Malbec, but the former is still the King.

Most I’ve spent on a bottle of wine is about £200, and I would say the law of diminishing returns applies after that point. That was an exception though (think it was my birthday) and £100 is normally my limit.

I’m certainly no expert, but usually pick quite well, nearly always choosing one of the above in the £40 to £60 range. Think it’s mainly down to luck tbh.

The headline, however, is totally misleading and underlines why the press in this country is such a fucking joke. The reviewer said this:

So how the fuck can she know it’s “just as good” which is almost certainly isn’t. I expect it’s probably very nice though. You can get some amazing wines for fuck all in Aldi and Lidl.
I’m fond of Pauillac but that can be expensive these days. Almost anything from the St. Emilion area is not cheap. I have two bottles of Pauillac in store but they are in danger.

Yes I thought that. How can she say it's as good when she hasn't tasted the expensive bottle? I've bought the odd more expensive bottle of red when it's been on offer at Waitrose but often found a £6 bottle tastes better. When I worked on the ships I could get 6 bottles of Barefoot merlot for £16 with my staff discount. I miss those days!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.