£5.25 Aldi wine as good as £3,000 bottle.

Most £6-8 wines taste as you'd expect them to; flavourful, refreshing and a great accompaniment to a meal.

£10-15 wines are only slightly better quality, anything above that price range there is no discernable difference. It's a con that only the snobbiest of wine snobs would disagree with, that if you want to know what a "really good wine" tastes like, you can get one in the £9 price range and that anything above that price really isn't worth it.

Hmmm the beckhams had a £3000 bottle of wine,you could probably switch it with cheap cooking wine and they’d not tell the difference ..
On League of Their Own the host said to Micah Richards about him spending, I think, £2k on Champagne.

They asked if he would be able to taste the difference between a £2k bottle and an Aldi one.

He tasted them both and said one was definitely the £2k one.

They were both from Aldi!

On League of Their Own the host said to Micah Richards about him spending, I think, £2k on Champagne.

They asked if he would be able to taste the difference between a £2k bottle and an Aldi one.

He tasted them both and said one was definitely the £2k one.

They were both from Aldi!
There’s a huge amount of Emperor’s new clothes and bullshit when it comes to really expensive wine.

I used to buy my Dad’s wine from Morrison’s, he’d have the 2 for a tenner most of the time but when there were offers on better bottles I’d get those. However, sometimes it was a waste of time as his third glass from the bottle was topped up with Aldi’s Gin.

Don’t think even an £8 bottle of wine would have been much of an upgrade. Doctor told him he was drinking too much but he lived until 89, described his night time drinking as his only remaining pleasure!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.