Kylian Mbappé

Just like Alphonso Davies, Kylian Mbappé was always Madrid bound, so it's not a surprise in this respect, just a confirmation of what Pep said when asked 12 months ago if we were interested in him.

Pep: "The whole world knows he's going to Madrid".

He's a brilliant player, the current best in the world imho. He just needs the right manager & environment to thrive, unlike the situation at PSG where they made him King & handed him the keys to Paris.

They created the monster which Mbappé is perceived to be. It's not his fault. He made over £300m signing a three year extension for PSG. I know if few players who'd turn down that sort of money knowing that they could still move on to their dream club age 25.

I agree - PSG created the monster - but I’m not altogether sure that the monster can be easily tamed - particularly at Madrid. A reported £128m signing on fee only serves to fuel the monster.

La Liga is the cartel model for the PL - where two teams are exclusively allowed state funding.

I know you joking, the state funding stopped few years back and they were both fined by the Spanish league a measly 5m.

Think ffp in Spain is based on turnover to wages ratio

I know you joking, the state funding stopped few years back and they were both fined by the Spanish league a measly 5m.

Think ffp in Spain is based on turnover to wages ratio

Yes they have a limit on wages based on turnover but the big two dominate the tv rights deal and together with CL monies are in another stratosphere financially to the other clubs in La Liga.

I agree - PSG created the monster - but I’m not altogether sure that the monster can be easily tamed - particularly at Madrid. A reported £128m signing on fee only serves to fuel the monster.
He is on a free, the signing on fee is irrelevant, do you think Haaland signed for us for the love of the game?

Mbappe is a monster of a player, and sadly he makes Madrid considerably stronger.

Wonder how much truth there is to his representatives speaking to City.
We would be foolish not to talk to his reps, although we always knew the answer.

If a player of that talent becomes available you throw your hat in the ring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.