League Cup semi v Chelsea tonight ko 19:15

That Nusken in number 6 has class and style for a centre back. Ran the defence well. Silently too. Chelsea were very much organised and battled out the win. Not much in it. Fine margins. Sad to lose but you could see why (refs/decisions not included). Their goalkeeper was immense today and the ball seemed to always bounce to her on rebounds.

There is no bigger shithouse than James. Yet again another stamp and no red.
Agreed on both. We had half a dozen decent chances across the whole game but didn’t take any. Our midfield looked lightweight and Kelly had a frustrating night.
They did have an overly physical approach that the ref didn’t do enough to stop. He gave us the free kicks but didn’t book their players soon/often enough.
And their keeper spends more time horizontal than vertical.

My first visit to the Minihad tonight & I hadn’t factored in that I might end up sat next to Chelsea’s most mouthy and annoying supporter, who was telling the girls he was sat with halfway through the second half that a win tonight would really help them tilt it in their favour (in the battle to win the league). Until I mentioned to him it was actually a cup game. As we say on Bluemoon, YCNMIU.

Great experience though, and enjoyed the second half, even if absolutely Baltic conditions. Certainly a doddle leaving the ground and getting home afterwards isn’t it?!

Agreed on both. We had half a dozen decent chances across the whole game but didn’t take any. Our midfield looked lightweight and Kelly had a frustrating night.
They did have an overly physical approach that the ref didn’t do enough to stop. He gave us the free kicks but didn’t book their players soon/often enough.
And their keeper spends more time horizontal than vertical.

My first visit to the Minihad tonight & I hadn’t factored in that I might end up sat next to Chelsea’s most mouthy and annoying supporter, who was telling the girls he was sat with halfway through the second half that a win tonight would really help them tilt it in their favour (in the battle to win the league). Until I mentioned to him it was actually a cup game. As we say on Bluemoon, YCNMIU.

Great experience though, and enjoyed the second half, even if absolutely Baltic conditions. Certainly a doddle leaving the ground and getting home afterwards isn’t it?!
I took my two girls last night and we can't have been sat far from you as that Chelsea cheerleader/jester guy was right near us as well, just had to laugh at him I suppose.
We left at halftime because it was freezing, was home in time for the last half an hour of the game and could still hear that guy on the telly which the girls thought was hilarious.
Have to say aside from the result it was a good night, the kids had a great time, the fanzone malarkey was good fun for the kids, and the fact that all the folk working there were actually friendly and not just robots makes a big difference.
It cost me £26 for the three of us, parking was free, fanzone with pictures and stuff was free, facepainting and all that stuff free, anyone with two kids knows that nowadays £26 dosent get you a trip to tescos for a loaf of bread and a bunch of bananas, so it's great value.
We even had a guy come up and give us wristbands to go and meet the players after the game, the girls really didn't want to go home and were gutted about not meeting the players after, but old misery guts here could see they were freezing and it was way past bedtime on a school night.
Well done city

There is no bigger shithouse than James. Yet again another stamp and no red.
I seen the stamp late on, nasty piece of work that James, there was an incident in the first half where she went for a 50/50 with chloe Kelly, James had a little swipe out that I doubt was picked up on TV and no one in the crowd seemed to notice.
Not good to see that kind of attitude, especially when there's a load of kids watching

That Nusken in number 6 has class and style for a centre back. Ran the defence well. Silently too. Chelsea were very much organised and battled out the win. Not much in it. Fine margins. Sad to lose but you could see why (refs/decisions not included). Their goalkeeper was immense today and the ball seemed to always bounce to her on rebounds.
Yeah, fine margins and not much 'luck'! When my phone pinged and informed me of James's 'deflection' the thought struck me that out of all the shots we have had on goal in every game, men 'n women, that are initially blocked, how many take a different course and end up in the oppo's net. I can only think of the one that came off Akanji's back some time back! And was the occasion when Alex Greenwood went down in the area a penalty, or was it a case of being a penalty but the ref decided it was more prudent, considering the state and time of the game, not to give it! I thought that pen on Stones v The Rags was as blatant as they come and then saw the highlights!

Yeah, fine margins and not much 'luck'! When my phone pinged and informed me of James's 'deflection' the thought struck me that out of all the shots we have had on goal in every game, men 'n women, that are initially blocked, how many take a different course and end up in the oppo's net. I can only think of the one that came off Akanji's back some time back! And was the occasion when Alex Greenwood went down in the area a penalty, or was it a case of being a penalty but the ref decided it was more prudent, considering the state and time of the game, not to give it! I thought that pen on Stones v The Rags was as blatant as they come and then saw the highlights!
There's a couple of minutes highlights on BBC webpage so you can judge for yourself. Not totally clear but looks like it should've been given to me.

BBC Highlights

There's a couple of minutes highlights on BBC webpage so you can judge for yourself. Not totally clear but looks like it should've been given to me.

BBC Highlights
That's good enough for me, J. Refs just don't want to be pointing to the spot at that time in the game! And they can always come the Wengerism - I didn't see it!

Jeez, I've just seen it on the OS highlights. It's a blatant trip and the ref seems to have nothing in her sight line! Shocking, but so predictable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.