Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Yeah it was a struggle yesterday, but nothing to do with the atmosphere, the lads can cope with any of that shit.

We were playing a good team and on a pitch that is smaller than we usually play on and it suits the way Liverpool play, makes it tighter for us.

England aren't allowed to play internationals at anfield because the pitch isn't big enough, but Liverpool are still allowed to play all their games there. If the PL wanted an even playing field they'd follow suit and demand the pitch size is increased, but as it is it's an advantage for them.

I thought Michael Oliver refereed exactly as Michael Oliver always does. He only gives penalties that are 100% clear, so the one they got was given but the others appeals weren't. In previous occasions this has cost us, but yesterday it was on our side, one thing he was though was consistent with his usual way of reffing.
I’ve always thought Klopp’s style of football is well suited to Anfield. 272 square meters smaller than pretty much every other prem pitch, which I’m sure must make a huge difference to their pressing game

Last edited:
Yeah it was a struggle yesterday, but nothing to do with the atmosphere, the lads can cope with any of that shit.

We were playing a good team and on a pitch that is smaller than we usually play on and it suits the way Liverpool play, makes it tighter for us.

England aren't allowed to play internationals at anfield because the pitch isn't big enough, but Liverpool are still allowed to play all their games there. If the PL wanted an even playing field they'd follow suit and demand the pitch size is increased, but as it is it's an advantage for them.

I thought Michael Oliver refereed exactly as Michael Oliver always does. He only gives penalties that are 100% clear, so the one they got was given but the others appeals weren't. In previous occasions this has cost us, but yesterday it was on our side, one thing he was though was consistent with his usual way of reffing.

I’ve always thought Klopp’s style of football is well suited to Anfield. 272 square meters smaller pretty much every other prem pitch, which I’m sure must make a huge difference to their pressing game
Like arsenals old ground which was one of the smallest

Probably dont have to make the pitch bigger unless they have to build a new stadium

Defo helps there games at anfield

That was the least control I have ever seen City play at Anfield during Guardiola’s time here and somehow managed to get away with a point. A head scratcher of a game, they threw the kitchen sink at City and somehow we didn’t buckle.
Some blues won’t admit it but if they’d had their full strength team out we’d have lost comfortably

Surprised he didn’t start, city didn’t have any control over the middle of the park and everything seemed to keep coming back at us.
I’m no expert but I and a few other fans were saying beforehand that we were surprised he didn’t start. I felt we went with one too many attacking players and we got overrun as a result. When Kovacic did come on, we got some control back.

I’m no expert but I and a few other fabs were saying we were surprised he didn’t start. I felt we went with one too many attacking players and we got overrun as a result. When Kovacic did come on, we got some control back.

He did well at Newcastle early January and thought it would be the blue print moving forward for how we’d set up for the tougher away days. Alvarez got very lucky yesterday not covering the full back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.