Does anyone else feel like this?

Just leaving anfield now feel rather deflated not with the football but with what I am now witnessing and have been for a while people I know who have followed city for years couldn’t get a ticket today yet I witnessed empty seats
Probably because these football sites couldn’t sell them on at inflated prices, tourists taking selfies all game which will only get worse and police treating us as scum. 1973 was my first game and I think this season will be my last can’t stomach it anymore it’s becoming a piss take now, I will always love the club but it’s becoming less attractive every week anybody who knows me knows I travel extensively all over Europe and England but I think my time’s coming soon to watch on the Firestick with a brew and sandwiches anyone else feel the same
Really surprised you feel like that mate as you told me you weren't going to the Etihad a couple of years ago and you hardly miss a game. I know how hard core and passionate you are about City and it's cost you a small fortune but you work hard and City is your hobby, so maybe you'll feel different than you say in time ?

Been 2 seasons since i gave up my SC and i don't miss going every home game anymore although first season without a SC felt strange. When i do go to games i appreciate going more than I did because i pick my games nowadays, something you can't do with a SC because you're at the mercy of stupid KO times set by Sky TNT and to a lesser extent Amazon Prime.

Having said that the Victoria and Bridge Inn pubs where i drank have both shut down and i cant park on Clayton lane anymore so i have to catch the bus or tram or both, and the tram is most often over capacity packed in like sardines in a tin. Yesterday i watched the game in my local with a few blues. I felt disappointed with the draw but not as disappointed as those that went to Anfield. For me to get another SC the price will have to become appealing enough to buy which it isn't with yearly price hikes. I'm quite happy to watch games on my Fire stick or go in the pub and i know plenty of blues who were regulars but aren't anymore for several reasons...

I’ve Had my season ticket for 22 years . Used to go with my brother, dad , grandad and uncle and my dad used to drive us. They all gave up their tickets due to different circumstances.

I’ve recently had a Child and moved slightly further away. Not really far but by the time I travel from Marple to Manchester. I hate the walk from the station but hate the tram and train services even more.

For a 3pm kick off I Leave the house at 12 and don’t get home til 7/8. I’ve missed the whole day essentially. I also end up spending close to £80 when all said and done.

Ive recently invested £35 in a firestick for every single game for the Season! which has been amazing, I get a few cans, sell my ticket for £40/50 and still get the same buzz and don’t have to deal with the transport bollocks and get my weekends back.

I really don’t know what I’m gonna do next season , the only incentive to keep my season ticket is due to potentially taking my son in a couple of years.
I’ve also had a kid in recent years, to add to a few more kids from a previous life. Problem is it’s with someone I’m married to in Kent, where I’ve been a Manc in exile for 12 years. So a trip to the match with my season ticket is either a 10 hour round drive or a couple of days in the motherland. You do it because these are the glory days that made all the shit worth it and you only live once. And sometimes you can bring one or all of the kids as well, so everyone’s a winner.

If you can’t be bothered to get from Marple it’s probably worth giving up the ST for someone who is! Or buy one of those nice newish houses behind the south stand!

Price of tickets, travel time, park the bus teams, tannoy bloke to loud, half n half scarfs. Games being moved to stupid ko times. VAR, the press/media. Fake injuries, diving.
I've gone from about 10 to 15 games a season to 3 or 4, 60quid a ticket I cant justify using up a whole week end.

Coming up to the Newcastle game this weekend, not looking forward to the 12 hr round trip. I got to the stage were I preferred CL games, the away goal made games abit more open than pl games. Now CL have no away goals it's going the same way.
The cost of staying over has gone up 4 fold over the last few seasons. The last time we drove to Birmingham to stop over as it was that much cheaper than the Manchester area.

That's be honest football isnt a working mans sport anymore. I know I'm different from locals and my expense is more.

Perhaps age and health has caught up with me, put the main thing is the cost and time, something is missing we got moved from the south stand to the east stand without being informed. We didn't want to be there but only found out a few days before the match. I didnt enjoy that day at all, surrounded by half n half I felt awkward swearing lol let alone singing. My matchday enjoyment is getting less each time.

Enjoyed Bournemouth the other week :)

I think I'm just fast approaching to full FOC.

I do indeed remember Taguey’s 15 minutes of fame. And to add insult to injury didn’t City give him another season ticket to replace the one he left in bits on the pitch?

I was in the same School Year at Marple Ridge as Taguey.
The last I heard he was a regular at Haig Avenue Southport. Still supports City, but "not the same........."

I do indeed remember Taguey’s 15 minutes of fame. And to add insult to injury didn’t City give him another season ticket to replace the one he left in bits on the pitch?
I'm sure the joke at the time was they made sure he had a replacement, because if we have to watch this shit, so do you!

As my mate says so accurately, 'Manchester City will always be my team, but they have long since ceased to be my club!'

He and his partner have in excess of 30k points, were Superbia members and have for 2 seasons now hardly been away. Like most us now, we can see our teams stollen from our grasps, with the club, and all clubs I may add, becoming nothing more than a franchise. Liverpool are no different as could be seen by their fans by the corner flag at Anfield Road, where it was like the league of nations!
Always Chinese and Japanese on the front rows.

I think those who make decisions within the club need to read this thread because when our success dries up(and it will) the tourists who turn up will have left the scene and it'll be down to our regulars to attend games. They won't be able to fill the stadium, especially when the North stand is extended so they'll have to reduce prices accordingly to get decent attendances. Bottom line is football has become too expensive for many and there's no sign of prices freezing or being reduced anytime soon, and that's because we can fill the stadium at the moment, but it won't always be this way...

We don't half have some miserable moaners on here, life changes the game changes fact more people gave up football in the 70'/80 with the rise of hooliganism it just was not safe

I get the tourist thing, you could see lots of them at Anfield yesterday as well, for a top draw game there should not be tickets going on the secondary market but this is not just City related it's for the whole game, for top games like the Derby etc it should be either points based or a first come first served basis again it's for fans as a whole to get together and tell teh clubs enough is enough

I ensured that I spent a number of wilderness years indoctrinating the This! chaps to follow the steep, narrow stairway to citeh heaven. As such when I do decide to join you other old fuckers dribbling my horlicks and pissing my pants rather than attending matches, I shall do so warm in the knowledge that they'll feel morally obliged to suffer the steady decline once Pep hangs up his boots and football has witnessed the inevitable implosion.

Blimey, Marple Tavern (Otters Pool in old money) brings back a few memories, especially if you remember one of the previous landlords "Taguey" and his 15 minutes of Maine Road fame v Bury in 98
I'm sort-of opposite to you, in that I was born, bred, and educated in Marple, but now live in Hazel Grove after living in Whaley Bridge for almost 40 years.

Strangely, as the crowds were often considerably lower there used to be a Bullocks Coach from Marple to Maine Road that ran for almost 40 years. It picked-up outside the old Nat West Bank on Stockport Road and dropped off at Finglands Garage next to the old Birch Villa on Wilmslow Road.
Ironically, Bullocks don't seem interested now that the crowds have doubled.
Reference to Bullocks Coaches brings back some memories! I recall getting on board in Marple for away trips as an excited kid, laden with butties for the journey. Despite getting dog's abuse, the same piss-takers would invariably descend like a tramp on chips as a soon as the lid came off the butty box!
Yes, the football was often utter dross but they were simpler times and, in many ways, more enjoyable than the so-called 'matchday experience' now. Would I turn the clock back? No, probably not but I wouldn't change a thing about our journey to get to this point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.