The British Monarchy | Princess of Wales diagnosed with cancer (p396)

We have had good kings and bad kings and the same can be said for queens, however we have always had a vocal minority of whingers who want rid.

It isn't happening.
With the Queen dead, most people don't have the same emotional attachment to the royal family as they once did. All it takes is one huge scandal, which this could very well end up becoming, and the whole thing comes tumbling down.

I personally think the royal family should've ended with the Queen's death. The Queen was a symbol of pride for the British and a commendable character and the best way to honor her death would've been to end the royal family with her the final monarch. Now can the same thing be said about the descendants of the Queen? Absolutely not.

The facade of a royal family only works if the members are committed to embodying the moral values and responsibilities associated with their status. If the King is no longer somebody that my children or grandchildren can look up to, then all the whole thing comes crumbling down.
Why are you bothered about it if you're a yank, or chosen to live somewhere they don't affect you? Most Brits are happy with the situation of having a parliamentary monarchy. It works in other European countries such as Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and also Japan, plus lots of smaller nations.

With the Queen dead, most people don't have the same emotional attachment to the royal family as they once did. All it takes is one huge scandal, which this could very well end up becoming, and the whole thing comes tumbling down.

You absolutely don't know that at all, we had a King who was a Nazi sympathiser and one who humped every showgirl in the country, then came Lizzie.

Just because you have a feeling based on an emotional bias or a poll collated by Monkeys canvassing Asses doesn't make it true.

As I said it isn't happening.

Why are you bothered about it if you're a yank, or chosen to live somewhere they don't affect you? Most Brits are happy with the situation of having a parliamentary monarchy. It works in other European countries such as Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and also Japan, plus lots of smaller nations.
I'm not bothered at all. I just believe the idea of a royal family is antiquated and does not belong in the 21st century.

scandals have the opposite effect when it comes to the Royal Family.

That's just what happens when something that has been in existence for a long time comes to an end. People probably said the same after Victoria, George III and Elizabeth I. George's son and heir was hugely scandalous and only reigned for 10 years yet it all survived.

That's just what happens when something that has been in existence for a long time comes to an end. People probably said the same after Victoria, George III and Elizabeth I. George's son and heir was hugely scandalous and only reigned for 10 years yet it all survived.

It's posh coronation st that always gets its season renewed :)

Yes, much better that they vote in a fascist, misogynist, narcissist, rapist, crook.
Wasn’t suggesting that they should have voted differently.

I was merely referencing the bloke with obvious cognitive issues who won 51% of the vote, rather than the fake tan bigot who got 47% of the vote.

Clearly, against that backdrop, people in the UK discussing a photograph appears to be a much bigger issue for somebody that doesn’t even live here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.