The Conservative Party/Government

I really hope you’re right but, when Reeves talks about the ‘credit card’ and says ‘we’ll follow the fiscal rules’ which, incidentally, are completely made up by the incumbent Chancellor, I have my doubts.
When Streeting endlessly parrots on about the NHS being more open to the private sector, I have my doubts.
When Starmer rows back on everything he seemed to once believe in, I have my doubts.
When Kendall doubles down on the young unemployed and suggests loads of people are ‘choosing a life on benefits’, who really aren’t the problem anyway, whatever the Mail and their ilk says, I have my doubts.

I hope my doubts are entirely baseless and things do get better, but they should surely be offering a bit more than ‘we’re not the Tories’ and ‘even if we’ve got a policy we really believe in, we’ll trash it if a focus group from Somerset doesn’t like it’?
Labour don't care one little bit about Somerset.

Imagine you are a Tory being paid to work in Anderson's constituency office already concerned for you future or someone canvassing for his re-election tonight. Anderson has proper pissed on his chips for a hissy fit and a few minutes in the limelight. You can bet whatever machine they have in Ashfield will turn their cannons on 30p come the next election and I bet despite todays back slapping Tice will not be prepared to match their fundings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.