The British Monarchy | Princess of Wales diagnosed with cancer (p396)

There is no way people feel any kind of genuine emotion towards all this, surely? Its just so inane. It just seems like a case of the media telling people that they should be bothered.

When stuff like this makes it to the headlines it makes me wonder what story they are trying to bury

We live in an age where a misplaced offensive comment or some vain prick winning a film award appears to matter more than war, famine, climate change or genocide.

The entire affair is just utterly bizarre.

Genuinely hope the rumours now circulating are false and this was just something like botched plastic surgery, which was made more complicated by the timing of the King’s cancer diagnosis.

I still maintain this is very much a legitimate story based on the shambolic handling alone, though.

It certainly doesn’t instil confidence in any one even passably aware of what is going, which is not great for the institution of the Royal Family or public trust more broadly, at a time when public trust is already being undermined at every turn.

That is the element I think many are missing when they ask “why is anyone bothered?”

The photo is just a small part of a larger, spiralling, problematic handling of what otherwise could have been a relative non-story (if, of course, the hospitalisation was indeed for non-emergency surgery, of course).

What the shambolic management of the entire affair indicates is either:

A) The RF and RH are even more dysfunctional and/or incompetent than previously thought.

B) There is a major scandal/issue they are attempting to hide via distraction.

C) Something unplanned and serious happened to the next Queen Consort (and, by extension the next King and his heirs) and this is their best attempt to hide the true nature of the situation.

D) A combination of more than one option above, which is unfortunately not outside the realm of possibility given who is involved.

At least for me, the entire situation is another in an infinitely long list of examples of why the monarchy should be abolished.
Your last sentence explains your stance on the monarchy and this thread , you could have put it first ! , lol x

My opinion. Wills has possibly had a love baby with rose "chum bucket" Hanbury. Kate has attempted suicide and now in a coma. No sightings since Christmas, no visits from William or her children. 2 doctored photos since Sunday.

What a fucking mess
Spot the different treatment of stories on William and stories on Kate. (Not to mention Meghan!).

Anyone would think the media present twisted views around their favourites, unfavourites and also-rans.

The sun has a two page spread on harry and meghan and how they supposedly touch up their own photos , they are private citizens and can do what the fuck they want , they are not about to be the queen and king ! Diverting attention from kate as usual , harry is right , the british media protect the monachy at the expense of them

Merkel > First name: Angela > Angela meaning: Greek, “messenger of God” > Greek Messenger of the Gods: Hermes > Hermes was often considered the “Divine Trickster” > supernatural tricksters are often depicted as children > Children are also often considered “pure” in the eyes of God > Catherine meaning: Greek, “Pure”

Oscar Bobb’s your uncle.

itsalwayssunny-pepesilva.gif
That's all a bit Tolmies Hairdoo ;)

Your last sentence explains your stance on the monarchy and this thread , you could have put it first ! , lol x
To be fair, I haven’t included it in multiple posts in this thread and elsewhere. :-p

I'm guessing she didn't edit it, they've just said it was her as that will make more people have sympathy.

I'm guessing she didn't put the post on X out too.

Fuck knows why they're being shady about it all. Just release a statement saying she's ill and it's worse than they thought. Or if it's nothing, just say?

And for those saying it's sad, it might be. But not as sad as coming to thread that doesn't interest you to call everyone sad. Akin to going to a railway modelling club sitting in on the meeting and saying "you're all sad bastards" then walking out.

The sun has a two page spread on harry and meghan and how they supposedly touch up their own photos , they are private citizens and can do what the fuck they want , they are not about to be the queen and king ! Diverting attention from kate as usual , harry is right , the british media protect the monachy at the expense of them

Once again the British press don’t care who they hurt along the way as long as they protect the monarchy (which is ironic as they are doing a really good job of making people dislike them). Anyway here’s the photographer calling out their dangerous ‘journalism’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.