PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the end of City as we know it. Would take a generation to recover on the pitch - - probably never off it.

The whole of English football would spend the next 5 years in court.

Probably why the charges won’t stick - but the PL knew all this before charging us and will know what the worst case scenarios are.

I wouldnt look into stadium development costs being a sign of City’s confidence either - there is far more at stake than the cost of the new stand.
What a depressing post, couldn’t you of watered it down a bit

And the end of City as we know it. Would take a generation to recover on the pitch - - probably never off it.

Probably why the charges won’t stick - but the PL knew all this before charging us and will know what the worst case scenarios are.

That is nothing to do with why the allegations won't stick, imo. The PL simply won't have the evidence to prove any of their more serious allegations. They don't have access to where any incriminating evidence would be maintained and, even if they had a whistleblower, which I can't imagine they do, he would have to have, for example, contracts signed by the various parties which show the conspiracy that is alleged, otherwise it is one man's word against the club's "irrefutable evidence". No one with access to that level of information will be welching on Mansour, even if the club/owner/sponsors did what is alleged, which I can't imagine for one moment they did.

I have my own theory about the PL's actions. the club's actions, the pressure from other clubs and Masters' weakness and the likely outcome of the panel and it all points to exoneration on everything except, maybe some missed disclosures.

All imho, of course.

Last edited:
Genuinely what would happen if say the whole case went against us?
I don't see it, but I do wonder "what if" sometimes.
But what would season 1 look like? And do we automatically fail subsequent EFL FFPs without revenue from comps and sponsorships? Making getting out a very long journey indeed.
Is it more serious in that our club might just cease to exist and the asset is frozen from ownership by the league due to level of criminality? Or is that unlikely due to fact we have co owners in US/China?
The minute i turn on the news and see Trading standards, the SFO and HMRC raiding our premises at 5 in the morning is the minute I will think oh shit we've done something shady.
I mean these guys are on the ball with fraud right? If UEFA and the Premier League and the wankers of the UK journalists have the dirt on us, they'd be on the phone to these lot, surely?

Look what happened at Barca and more recently AC Milan.

Has this happened at any of our offices anywhere around the world or the UK? Come on, you doom mongers on here posting your shite, has anything happened?

Of course none of us know the ins and outs but the fact our premises haven't being raided tells us that all these 115 charges is complete bullshit, imho of course.

The minute i turn on the news and see Trading standards, the SFO and HMRC raiding our premises at 5 in the morning is the minute I will think oh shit we've done something shady.
I mean these guys are on the ball with fraud right? If UEFA and the Premier League and the wankers of the UK journalists have the dirt on us, they'd be on the phone to these lot, surely?

Has this happened at any of our offices anywhere around the world or the UK? Come on, you doom mongers on here posting your shite, has anything happened?

Of course none of us know the ins and outs but the fact our premises haven't being raided tells us that all these 115 charges is complete bullshit, imho of course.
Exactly this.

I have said this a few times and I think others have. So let’s go further based on what you me and others have said. The premier league clearly do not even believe we have done what is alleged or they would have reported us to the authorities and would use the word fraud rather than basically say we committed fraud without actually saying it same for so called pundits and journalists. The raid as you say would have followed.

The fact that this has not been pointed out by a pundit or journalist is even more remarkable.

To knowingly accuse a major footballing institution multiple companies be it sponsors auditors investors etc and a member of royal family of crime you know they did not commit would be an even bigger story than 115 charges and should have been picked up by at least one journalist. Which makes you wonder what is going on and who is behind this all but I think we know that

I wouldnt look into stadium development costs being a sign of City’s confidence either - there is far more at stake than the cost of the new stand.
Never has a post more accurately reflected the poster.

Bizarre take. The charges won’t stick because they are complete and utter bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.