PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Not for the first time I'm struck by the fact that Simon Jordan has a deep desire to be the smartest man in the room and that he has chased that desire to being in a room with ex-footballers and tabloid journalists taking calls from drunk football fans. Hmm. It might tell you something about what happened when he was in other rooms.
The **** should be in a padded one.

While we're in this stage of waiting for the legal process to conclude and because of a total lack of Sub judice, an obvious pattern has emerged, and it seems we just have to suck it up. So, if any other club, player, manager and soon probably even fan, find themselves on the wrong end of a disciplinary process this will be followed by an internet plie on of the form, "What about City". I wouldn't be surprised soon if it's used by a player when appealing against a red card, or a fan fined for pissing in public. Also, any significant win, trophy, new player signing by City will bet met with an internet pile on of the form "What about the 115 charges". We can just expect it 100% of the time until the final outcome. What the club, Etihad Airways and Etisalat chose to do with the mountains of defamatory evidence only time will tell ?
We need a banner "What about City".

Stefan always comes across so well, whilst he obviously has blue connections he comes across as unbiased and knowledgeable.

FWIW you can tell that Jordan (who maybe a prick but he is not daft) knows this to. I think it’s more his arrogance that is his issue over his ability to understand. He contridicts himself so much!

Keep going Stefan you hit the right note!!

City want the right to defend themselves correctly in the right forum (although I do pick up an undertone that perhaps you think it is not the right forum, a sentiment shared by a lot of City fans).

Another one who thinks he's way more intelligent than he is.

He gets shown up by guests who understand what's what. It's alright sounding intelligent sat next to Dim Jim every day but he comes unstuck when he has someome with a brain in the studio.

My favourite was Eddie Hearn calling him a "Disc Jockey" that ran his business into the ground. Can't say I'm a fan of Hearn either, all boxing promoters are snakes but he ran circles around Simon Jordan.

Lost the lot….. but don’t worry lol.

I loved that interview he schooled him all through the show.

The difference to this time is that in 2019 the club withheld information that UEFA had a right to ask for, iirc. This time, the club confirming it has fully cooperated means to me that it hasn't provided information that the PL, in the opinion of the club, doesn't have a right to ask for. The only thing I can think of is external information from the owner and sponsors.

Remember the PL rules were amended last season to require clubs to make best efforts to obtain external information when requested? It seems to me that was directly aimed at City.

And remember it was reported after the referral that the club had challenged two things: that the person choosing the panel was an Arsenal fan (always seemed unlikely to me) and (much more likely) that the rules that should be applied to each year are the rules in place at the time, not the rules currently in place? It seems that was directly challenging the new rule on external information.

Anyway, the upshot imho is that I don't think non-cooperation is a slam dunk for the PL this time .....

It’s also clear which of those 2 examples were picked up by the press of City being petty….. the Arsenal fan & not the rules…

Simon Jordan, fuck me do people listen to that clown?
Surprised talkshite ask Stefan back....
Not really, their softening their stance on us, knowing we'll be cleared.
Jordan is shown up by Stefan each time, he's out of his league but the gullible football fan think he's smart.
The tide is turning, eventually they will have to concede defeat and try to challenge us fairly. Problem is the scummy rags have spent too much time trying to stop us and fallen miles behind.
Scruffy Jim knows this, and he's now on the cash cow payroll.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.