Protest?

Won’t many any difference to me either way.

But I’m not sure selecting what will most likely be the only non televised game of the rest of the season, to organise a visual protest, is the greatest planning?

Seeing as its against Luton, a dance across the pitch by supporters in their suede hush puppies might be more appropriate.

Any thoughts on this ?

Re the season ticket prices to show fans are the lifeblood of the game / the club

Think its been 10 years or so a rise each year

Also issues over matchday prices membership prices away allocations hassling fans to sell tickets back to club so they can resell to tourists as a package

£80m profit. Price rises don’t wash. They want to have more matchday revenue than the others in the big 6. Chelsea Arsenal Spurs all affulent fan bases. Utd and Lpool international fan bases. Say Arsenal charge £1k a ticket City want to charge £1,005? But wages/london waiting means our prices and therefore match day revenue should never be more than Arsenal.

When quality on pitch drops after Pep leaves - will the prices drop too ? No.

So fight it now. If your seat has only gone up 3% someone else will have gone up 12%

Divide an conquer, I don’t know what the fuss is about, mine has only gone up £2 a game.

Not the point- it’s every year and next year you’ll be the 12%

Notice they don’t give everyone the same % rise at the same time as that means all fans turn on them at same time.

Arsenal and Villa are six pointers. Luton should look after itself. If 20,000 walk out on 80 minutes- with hopefully game won - it can make a statement. Media carries it and makes City have to give explanations.

Thoughts please Blues ?
No

My Council Tax has gone up 5%, petrol has gone up God knows what %age, food has gone up over 10%, house and car insurances over 6%. Why should City be any different. Most of the people on here seem to have a pint or two at the match. Cut that out and have a cheaper pint at the pub and you save more than the increase.

Any thoughts on this ?

Re the season ticket prices to show fans are the lifeblood of the game / the club

Think its been 10 years or so a rise each year

Also issues over matchday prices membership prices away allocations hassling fans to sell tickets back to club so they can resell to tourists as a package

£80m profit. Price rises don’t wash. They want to have more matchday revenue than the others in the big 6. Chelsea Arsenal Spurs all affulent fan bases. Utd and Lpool international fan bases. Say Arsenal charge £1k a ticket City want to charge £1,005? But wages/london waiting means our prices and therefore match day revenue should never be more than Arsenal.

When quality on pitch drops after Pep leaves - will the prices drop too ? No.

So fight it now. If your seat has only gone up 3% someone else will have gone up 12%

Divide an conquer, I don’t know what the fuss is about, mine has only gone up £2 a game.

Not the point- it’s every year and next year you’ll be the 12%

Notice they don’t give everyone the same % rise at the same time as that means all fans turn on them at same time.

Arsenal and Villa are six pointers. Luton should look after itself. If 20,000 walk out on 80 minutes- with hopefully game won - it can make a statement. Media carries it and makes City have to give explanations.

Thoughts please Blues ?
You're last paragraph is cringeworthy.
Poor old Luton, if you're making a statement, make it against Arsenal for maximum effect.
Judging by the first 4 page's, it looks like you are fighting a losing battle.
Over the last decade,I have watched various groups of City supporters/groups, try to interact with City on a lot of the topics you mention, on each and every occasion we have ended up being shafted and in many cases,worse off,than before the groups went in.
Loyalty points system, away tickets allocation, our club was one of the clubs who opposed the 30 pounds for away fans, Istanbul cock up,to name but a few.
Unfortunately our success is turning our club into the carbon copies of the 2 clubs we despise.

I think the 30th minute would be better because that was the max price of away tickets, so it kind of symbolises something. Walk out on 80 and the gutter snide press would probably dress it up like we'd all fucked off early to beat the traffic.

The Luton game is after the renewal deadline. For any impact to be made you can't pick and choose when to protest otherwise you might as well not bother. If you're waiting until a game that is less meaningful then it completely defeats the purpose of what a protest stands for. Do it at the soonest possible opportunity which happens to be the Arsenal game, that will have the biggest audience. If we get beat then we get beat, it may highlight the importance of our support and shows they can't take us for granted.

A walkout is probably not the best medium considering half the ground is leaving on 85 minutes anyway. Perhaps a delayed entrance would be more noticeable and impactful (I know a lot miss kick off but its a trivial amount compared to those who leave early)

Last edited:
Why not kill two birds with one stone and take some stewards hostage on the 80th minute.

Release them unharmed at the final whistle. Well, some of em.

So where are the ones moaning like fuck that city had sold them out, disgrace, taking the piss etc etc are you lot not going to make a stand and back this, or are you just going to moan like **** and do nothing ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.