The British Monarchy | Princess of Wales diagnosed with cancer (p396)

I bet the twats hounding her are feeling stupid now

I don’t think they will.

Partly because of 2 things.

1) They already knew she was ill with something that kept her out of the public for 3 months. They assumed this, so why would they behave differently ?

2) The statement today kind of raises as many questions as it answers. They’ll probably just switch to asking “if the surgery in Jan was unrelated and they found cancer, what was it for”, “what type of cancer”, “what the hell is preventative chemotherapy” etc.

Personally I think Kensington Palace might have really fucked up because once these conspiracy rumours get going they never really disband, and every time something slightly weird happens or she’s out of public for a few days they will spin it up again.

Sad news. Hopefully the chemo does its job and she's back to full health again soon.

I can't imagine the extra stress all the public speculation has caused for her at such an already horrible time. I'm currently waiting for some test results myself and although I'm hoping it's not cancer, even if it is at least I'll have some control about who knows what and when.

I guess everyone wanting to know your business is the price you pay for being in that family, but still - there's a lot of gossipmongers who should be ashamed of themselves right now.

A neighbour of mine has just recovered after having chemo, and it was so good to see her the other day without a headscarf and her hair growing back.
I hope Kate does well too.

Hope she beats it first off.

Secondly all those media wankers marking an issue out of her photograph the last week should feel ashamed of themselves with their self righteous attitude, thinking they have a right to know what's going on in her deeply private life and criticising her over a simple photograph.

So many people dealing with cancer that you don’t suspect, it’s a cruel and frightening disease understandable Kate would want to come to terms with it before announcing it to the world. So tough on her she is young with a young family to bring up.

Can someone explain why the Palace earlier said she was NOT being treated for cancer?

I too hope she’s well and I too think this whole thing was submerged in the murk of conspiracy-cuntism but why didn’t the Palace either say it or refuse to comment?

Or do I have the details or timing wrong?

An educated guess from her statement:
Likely that something was identified at the start and not confirmed as cancer.
Had the operation to remove it.
Subsequent tests show it was cancerous.
Waited until she'd recovered from the operation before any further treatment.

So it might be preventative in case there's something left.

Can someone explain why the Palace earlier said she was NOT being treated for cancer?

I too hope she’s well and I too think this whole thing was submerged in the murk of conspiracy-cuntism but why didn’t the Palace either say it or refuse to comment?

Perhaps they didn’t realise they were accountable to you

You don't--there was false information provided to the public throughout based on Kate's statement. The entire affair was mishandled (I don't place much blame on her or William, to be honest, as they had more pressing issues to attend), which made things more difficult for her and her family. As I said even before this unfortunate confirmation, their advisers (and the RH more broadly) should be held to account for their incredibly poor handling of the situation, especially when it is compared to how Charles' cancer diagnosis and treatment was managed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.