The British Monarchy | Princess of Wales diagnosed with cancer (p396)

She’s a mother of three kids.
Her husband’s mother died when he was still a child himself.
Her father in law is facing the same terrible mountain.
Forget who/what they are, or represent.
They’re human and in the wee small hours will be terrified just as we all would be. They must be absolutely thunderstruck at the enormity of it all.
For goodness sake as a family, that’s what they are after all, have probably only now started to come to terms with the death of the Queen.
I don’t want or need to know how they’re all doing until Kate has smashed this bloody horrible disease - then I will be as pleased for them as I would for anyone who gets to ring that bell. I look forward to the official ‘all Is well’ family photograph.
Sadly the vermin that masquerades as the British press will still continue to hound them.
For what it’s worth I am not a royalist, but don’t find any reason to dislike them.
Fingers crossed for them.

So many people dealing with cancer that you don’t suspect, it’s a cruel and frightening disease understandable Kate would want to come to terms with it before announcing it to the world. So tough on her she is young with a young family to bring up.
Precisely, as someone who had the closest family members dealing with Cancer , I know your statement is 100% right.

They did. They went with the information they had at the time. The cancer was found just a few weeks ago, after the operation.
It's not much to ask that they be given those few weeks to deliver the news to their young children, before the rest of us.

On a basic human level it isn’t too much to ask. In reality, it was never going to work in a world of 24/7 media. An earlier announcement may have stifled a lot of spurious and at times bizarre speculation. It may have meant she didn’t have to release a video which is probably the last thing you need when battling serious illness.

In any event, what’s done is done. It’s a private family issue now and that is where it should remain.

My hub was diagnosed last autumn and had successful surgery. Every day we are grateful, unlike Kate he doesn't have secondary. I do so feel for them, especially having 3 young children, I haven't seen all the announcement, but what I did glimpse of her, she isn't looking too good. Cancer has no respect for age or wealth, its an absolute bast++rd of a disease. Thoughts go out to them all x

My hub was diagnosed last autumn and had successful surgery. Every day we are grateful, unlike Kate he doesn't have secondary. I do so feel for them, especially having 3 young children, I haven't seen all the announcement, but what I did glimpse of her, she isn't looking too good. Cancer is no respected of age or wealth, its an absolute bast++rd of a disease. Thoughts go out to them all x

Nice to hear your husband recovered, good to know and be reminded that it can be beaten.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.