England v Brazil | Friendly | Match Thread

I think he persists with a failed system because he doesn't know any better. Otherwise, I agree with your sentiment.
I think he knows better, as he has watched City play a number of times. He is just too cowardly and proud to change. And is under absolutely no pressure to do anything different.

I'm staggered by the arrogance of know-nowt armchair managers on here thinking they know more about football than an experienced player & manager.

Not in the case of Southgate though. They're right about him. He's a complete fuckwit. My (deceased) Nan could do a better job then that useless lump.

That is the most frustrating element of the game. A friendly is the perfect time to experiment. Have Rashford on the right, Gordon on the left, and Foden behind Watkins in the middle for the entire match, leaving Gallagher on the bench (who should be nowhere near the starting eleven), and Rice as the DM with Stones stepping in beside when we have the ball.

But, instead, he played the same bad setup and tactics with players shoehorned in and lost 1-nil at home to one of the worst Brazilian sides in recent memory. And actually got booed by a few in the stands for the shite football on show.

As I said just after the final whistle, the more I watch England under Southgate the more I am convinced that he persists with this ineffectual system primarily so he can’t be accused of copying Pep.

He wants to be seen as his own man at the expense of England’s chances of actually winning anything.

It's very bold you offering your criticism of Southgate before naming Rashford in your experimental team! Fuck me. Southgate's only mistake with Rashford was bringing him off the bench.

I actually forgot the game was on , when i saw it on the p!anner whilst looking for something else i thought nah , no point watching the dross and watching to see how badly our players are used or injured , also cant get behind the vile rags, dippers and arses players

Not as simple as that sadly. We've had plenty of very good managers over the years and they've done far worse, with very good players too. The team spirit and harmony is dismissed but it's a huge part of success at international level and he's done that well. If he could find someone more progressive than Steve Holland to assist with tactics he'd do far better. Lee Carsley might help!
Yeah, and then if Lee Carsley could find a better England manager to work under, we'd be all set.

I actually forgot the game was on , when i saw it on the p!anner whilst looking for something else i thought nah , no point watching the dross and watching to see how badly our players are used or injured , also cant get behind the vile rags, dippers and arses players
You could forgot the game was on whilst actually watching it.

It's very bold you offering your criticism of Southgate before naming Rashford in your experimental team! Fuck me. Southgate's only mistake with Rashford was bringing him off the bench.
I think he was gash, and said as much during the game, but Southgate should have been experimenting, allowing Foden to play in the middle behind Watkins from the start, and Rashford on the right makes the most sense to allow that given the players available and his insistence on starting Gordon.

As I said, experimentation was what should have taken place. Could have ignored Rashford on the right all night, as happened to Foden. ;-)

Have Rashford on the right, Gordon on the left, and Foden behind Watkins in the middle for the entire match, leaving Gallagher on the bench (who should be nowhere near the starting eleven), and Rice as the DM with Stones stepping in beside when we have the ball.

absolutely everyone has a different idea on who to start.
I would have tried Bowen over Gordon or Rashford and maybe tried out Palmer in the middle.

so how can Southgate please everyone?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.