Whats the poshest Hotel you've stayed in

Corinthia Hotel Prague was the most perfect night and genuine 5 star.

Wasn't so impressed at the time, the hidden extras like having to pay to access the pool and the faff of filling in forms for the mini bar or getting overcharged because of the sensors.

Did have a room at the Brewery in Moorgate once that included a smartphone (I didn't know this when I booked), bureau desk and paper. Could say that was arguably the poshest but due to maintenance issues and being advertised as four star Corinthia pips it.

I once booked a room just for the novelty of the TV in the bathroom only for the remote control to be missing and desk staff disinterested about bringing the replacement.

Once flew by private jet to a mate’s (one of two jets his family owned) 40th in Dublin about twenty years ago, and stayed at the suite at the Clarence Hotel. Very messy weekend.

On the Sunday, Sadie Frost and Kate Moss were stood at reception complaining that someone (us) was staying in their usual room, which one of their PAs had reserved.

I’ve stayed in posher places, but I did enjoy that.
Stayed there with the wife 24 years ago, but flew Aer Lingus....

Enjoyed it at the time, it was swanky to us back then.

Four star, so not generally considered posh although always expensive. Never stayed in one. Any posh or extra features in the room?
Not really. The one in Manchester had a towel warming rack in the bathroom that I used to keep my meat pies warm.
I Just had to ask the wife if the radison even had a bar or restaurant.
I don’t think it did but it was a stunning building.

Hilton in Pragues financial district was nice, ended up in the expensive skybar whilst the Mrs and kids slept looking well out of place haha

The Peninsula on Kowloon mid 90’s for one night which I just about managed to just get past expenses with work as they had fucked up royally with my itinerary when I needed to get back home for a set date. That said I didn’t take the piss and actually eat in the place.

Paid for myself probably the Table Bay in Cape Town where we had a corner suite for a couple of nights which even 19 years ago was eye watering price wise.

Worst some absolute shithole in Delhi once again a company booked clusterfuck
You should have stayed next door at the Salisbury. Same views of the harbour and a third of the price

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.