Total Eclipse 8/4/2024.

It wasn't a total eclipse in the UK.Best you could get was in Cornwall. I was in Northern Austria just south of Munich and experienced the total eclipse,absolutely awesome.
Yes it was. I was there. It was only Cornwall but it was a total eclipse. It would be impossible for the whole uk to have a total eclipse for obvious reasons.

It wasn't a total eclipse in the UK.Best you could get was in Cornwall. I was in Northern Austria just south of Munich and experienced the total eclipse,absolutely awesome.
It was total in Cornwall. I was there.

It was 21 years ago today – August 11, 1999 – and Cornwall had never experienced anything like it (well, not since 1927 anyway). The county was the only part of mainland Britain to witness the rare total solar eclipse – the full blacking out of the sun by the moon.

Next one due here is in 2090.

Channel surfing and thought I'd check out the coverage of this. Both sky and BBC so incredibly poor, actively ruining the experience.

Sky's camera was so shaky it looked like my 11 years olds first attempt at a YouTube video.

BBC, they came out wish such crap trying to big up the event. Asked a guy "what does the eclipse mean to you, professionally, as a scientist?"

It's happening now and the egotistical witch still won't shut up, jabbering over the celestial event. "And it now appears that it's nightfall..." Dear God, zip it!

Mute button recommended, but a truly impressive event.
CNN coverage was better than MSNBC.

They let the coverage speak for itself.

Margorie Taylor Green says the eclipse is god’s punishment for America‘s sins. Personally, I’m not sure. Prescient that god wallah, fixed this in 5 billion years ago: he knew what they would be up to.

just back from my total eclipse adventure in Texas, coolest part is how quickly the darkness arrives once you really really notice its getting pretty dark, never gets black dark, more like sunset dark if you get me

I’ve just watched a video of people screaming and shouting when it happened. I don’t get the false reaction. Just shut the fuck up and watch it happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.