Real Madrid (A) - Tues 9th April, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shitting bricks for this one, partly due to the defensive injuries and partly because it’s them.

Then I remember how good we are and relax a bit. Big onus on our front 6 to dominate the ball but also provide a threat to keep them in check. A couple of KDB through balls for big Erl would be nice, one of the rare games where it will be toe to toe and the Viking might get some space in behind.

Think it has to be Akanji for Vinicius and hopefully Gvardiol is able to make it.

they both stepped forward at weekend. I suspect in this one neither will because we are so exposed to pace on the counter without Ake and Walker.
We are a different team away from home in the Champions League, We are very hard to beat away from home as we tend to stay compact and hard to break down out of possession rather than our high press in the Premier League.

We will play our normal game with possession of the ball but as soon as we lose it I'm sure we'll get back into shape, As you said maybe neither Rico or Stones will step forward to high like they normally would.

I've changed my team from the other day! With Grealish playing two 90mins games after coming back from injury I feel he won't start, also Kdb just had 90mins fell he won't start!

This is has good defence and gives Madrid something to think about!

_________Ortega

Lewis__Stones_Dias_Akanji

______Rodri__Kocacic

Silva_____Foden___Doku

______Haaland

one of the rare games where it will be toe to toe and the Viking might get some space in behind.
Haaland wont be getting any space, you better best believe that. Matter of fact, it will so intimate, him and Rudiger wont be seperated.

I've changed my team from the other day! With Grealish playing two 90mins games after coming back from injury I feel he won't start, also Kdb just had 90mins fell he won't start!

This is has good defence and gives Madrid something to think about!

_________Ortega

Lewis__Stones_Dias_Akanji

______Rodri__Kocacic

Silva_____Foden___Doku

______Haaland
Not doku
Sorry he gives the ball away too easily
JG For me

We won’t start with 3 at the back. We never do. We will start with four at the back so stones can step into midfield to make a 3. He actually might not even step forward because I think Pep will want to be careful here so I suspect a flat back four.

It's not so much about using 3 or 4 at the back, the poster explained that Rodri could make it a back 4 when we defend.

It's about whether Pep would go with Rico or with a more experienced player at Bernabeu. Pep started Bernardo at LB (or in a hybrid role?) at Arsenal last season.

Rico isn't a proper FB, let alone a LB. IIRC, he has had only one game at LB: when we lost at Spurs last season. I could see Pep going with Bernardo, Kovacic and Grealish for more control than only with 2 of these 3 and Rico.

I think Gvardiol will be fit and we'll play with Akanji, Stones, Dias and Gvardiol at the back.

Everyone in La Liga got the weekend off to be fair, it was Copa final weekend.

Had Real Madrid got the final they would have played on Saturday.

At this stage of the season I would rather be playing every 3 days gaining momentum.

Can you imagine us going into this Real Madrid game after the Arsenal game having 9 days off? I am glad we had Villa and Palace in between.
Would think the whole La Liga football season is planned years in advance , they consider big Champs league games in the latter stages for the likes of Barca & Real and the possible dates , only a fool would think it was a conspiracy. It is advanced planning of the domestic league season and finals to assist their teams to progress as far as possible in the Champs league.
Physically Real will be fully rested but sometimes playing every three days keeps your fitness and rythm it could work both ways , we will see tomorrow , now where's my tin foil hat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.