Cole Palmer

we sold him for £40m, now worth £100m

with hindsight might have been more sensible to loan him out like he wanted
Hindsight is of no consequence here though. Palmer wanted to play or go on loan to play. He was told an on loan option wasn't happening and that his choice was to stay and fight for a starting spot or leave. I think his agent must have tipped clubs off of his position and Chelsea came in with an offer we couldn't refuse, especially for an academy rookie who'd hardly played for us. The deal happened so quickly and it's still feels a bit surreal he plays for Chelsea.

I think Cole has surprised everyone in how well he's done since leaving and he's become their main man this season. I'm really glad he's doing well, just feel a bit sad it's for Chelsea's benefit, not ours.

But he's Chelsea's golden boy now and getting better all the time. Maybe City will rue the day we let him go, Chelsea probably think the same about letting De Bruyne and Salah go. But when a transfer offer comes in you either accept it or not, and us selling Cole Palmer is something we will all have to accept.

Remember reading some posters on this forum thinking that selling Palmer and bringing in Nunes in the end of the summer window was such a great move it made the window a 9/10. Fun times!

Selling someone who categorically doesn't want to be here and buying someone who desperately does - that's a good move, for me, always.

I also think that we have at least ten players who would look equally outstanding in that Chelsea side.

To be fair the game is pretty much over. Our own players often slow down a bit when the games done.

Pep wanted him to stay - if he didn’t graft he wouldn’t want that

It was just an example of what happens whenever I watch him, which aint a lot to be fair. If he has a weakness, thats it and in huge games it’s a problem. You can shield it a little up front but he was never going to be an option there for us. So when he left he’d been trying to shift Bernardo or Grealish for a spot. He knew, apart from games where Pep wanted to rotate, that was never gonna happen so can understand why he wanted out.

Having a great season but I still think it's a good move for all. He wouldn't start for us consistently, he'd be our 15th/16th best player.

The thing people are overlooking is that other Premier League teams think Chelsea are shite (they are on a money spent/performance basis). So how often does Cole Palmer play against a park the bus defence?
Very little if at all, he plays in constant end-to-end games where he has the freedom of the park and no responsibility.

Nicolas Jackson is wank and he has double figure league goals, more than every City player bar Haaland and Foden. Doesn't make him better than, Alvarez, De Bruyne, Bernardo or any other attacking player.

Teams aren't taking Chelsea seriously.

Only Saka has more than 10 league goals for Arsenal because teams take Arsenal seriously.

I do wish him the best until he inevitable signs for United. It was the best decision for the club.

Random question. Been to Manchester a few times to catch City. I've popped around a decent amount of the greater metro but never Wythemshawe. What's it like? Less urban, boring, fun, ritzy, rough?

I have no idea why my brain has gone there but I've read the name so many times and it's fun to say now I'm genuinely curious

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.