Cole Palmer

The only possible silver lining is Bobb looks just as good. Pep needs to give him enough game time for him to stick around though.
And possibly a better fit for City. Bobb's game really works in our setup, Palmer after his injury never quite looked as comfortable. Playing in this Chelsea team seems like an excellent fit.

There’s a lot of fucking hindsight being applied here regarding Cole Palmer. I think there was general surprise that Chelsea were paying as much as £45m for him at the time; I really wanted him to do well at City but it didn’t look likely tbh. Maybe wasn’t suited to being a Pep player and perhaps the fact you can do what you want at chelsea under Pochettino really suits him. But those who are saying we shouldn’t have sold him now can point to their posts saying the same in August
I really rated him and felt like I saw something in him that a lot of fans just weren't seeing, game of opinions after all

However, I have to admit that despite my thoughts on him, I was astonished Chelsea were happy to pay that much, but it does look to have been proved to have been money well spent, not something Chelsea can point to elsewhere in their squad

Looks like it doesn't it. But to be honest he didn't really show this much potential when he was with us.
People really ignore the huge difference in the opposition setup Chelsea face—and Palmer’s role in Chelsea’s team—compared to what would have been the case if he had stayed with us. In some ways they are on opposite ends of the footballing spectrum.

You really can’t use his performances for Chelsea as a means of extrapolating his performances with City.

He wanted a more prominent role than we could offer and so decided to go. The move obviously gave him what he wanted (and probably needed to perform to his strengths) and we got a great fee for him.

No bollocks were dropped.

I’m pleased to see Palmer doing well at Chelsea, as it’s testament to our academy and I wish him all the best. Was disappointed when we sold him, but he was never going to get the freedom or minutes that he enjoys at Chelsea here. It’s futile to dwell on it every time he has a good performance. We’re hardly struggling ourselves.

Not overly arsed at selling someone who's helping their team possibly reach the Europa League

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.