Match Thread | Man City vs. Real Madrid (17/04/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite the atmosphere here as last season, or performance. Soft goal to give away but you could see it coming. They'll be happy to sit back now and play on the break. Not sure where the inspiration is coming from tonight.

How are you blaming Haaland?

he has hit the bar, put a good ball back into the middle which nobody got on the end of and also had some good play to put Grealish through but Jack had a poor touch and couldn't put it back towards haaland

He's been one of our better players and looked a threat but our final ball has been lacking

I thought he was pretty hopeless for the first 25 minutes or so but he’s gradually becoming more involved.

I have intentionally stayed out of the match thread because I knew how it would be when we conceded.

I will say we haven’t played poorly, we have created quite a few decent chances, we just haven’t yet capitalised, and they did on one of our two poor passages of play.

Pep will make the necessary changes at halftime, including getting Foden more involved (possibly by having him go centre for Bernardo), making it clear ours need to increase the pace of passing when we enter their final third, and having Haaland try to come to the edge of their box when we have it to create space to run in to for both himself and our central players.

For all the consternation about Akanji going in to midfield, he has actually been one of our most incisive players and helped create two good chances to equalise.

RM have been doing what we expected them to do and we just need to raise our game and pressure them in to making the mistake we know they can make.

I would also point out that the ref has been pretty poor, giving them free kicks when they fall over, letting them waste time and not adding it on at the end of the half (even allowing them to waste most of the stoppage time), and playing “advantages” when they foul us on the edge of the RM box.

We have enough to turn this around.

In Pep and the players we trust.

Seeing a load of social media ‘personalities’ with tickets tonight. There’s thousands of blues who haven’t been able to go tonight because City are dishing out popularity tickets. Wankers
It's probably not City UEFA get a load of tickets to distribute. Even ones where season ticket holders normally sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.