Real Madrid post match post mortem

Surprisingly no piss takes this morning in work, just lots of " you played really well but what the fucks happened to Haaland" ha

Yes they somehow survived, fuck knows how. Aside from a few breakaways we absolutely battered them. Football eh?
I pointed out earlier in the thread, stats don’t win football matches but the stats from that match last night v Real Madrid are incredible. Guardiola will be scratching his head this morning wondering how on Earth are we out of the Champions League. We hammered them everywhere on that pitch.

I am tending to agree with others about Bellingham.

I was as excited as everyone else when Tolmie was sharing his info on the possibility of him coming to City.

However, the guy is so far up his own arse you actually can't determine where he begins and ends.

Describing the result last night as a "Beautiful victory" further compounds my view that he's devoid of any class or graciousness.

What an arrogant turd of a bloke.

He was absolutely awful last night too. We made him look like Bambi and he spent just as much time as Bambi on the bloody floor.

He actually believes he's some kind of footballing deity.

Jude - it wasn't a beautiful victory in the slightest. You absolutely fluked it and you know it.

Have the decency to acknowledge that.

Bullet dodged.
Bellingham believes his own hype. The more I've seen him play, the more he seems to be a bits and pieces for the camera player - a flick here, a back heel there - not the monster of a player he's made out to be. Phil is streets ahead - albeit we didn't get him involved much last night. We totally outplayed Madrid last night with Rodri teaching him a few lessons. No other team on the planet forces Madrid to park the bus home and away. That is the mark of how far we have come under Pep.

City had 33 shots yesterday
It’s not the number though it’s the quality. We never truly tested that keeper. When we did Jack and Doku he spilled both. One he recovered and the other KDB scored from. He wasn’t making saves really. Nacho got fortunate when he nearly scored the OG. I think the issue is the pace we play at some times it’s very pedestrian.

Our game management is also piss poor this season.

We were never ahead in this tie (in both legs) for more then 10 mins, that's absolutely shocking, Madrid were ahead for a total of 79+ mins over both legs. How is that acceptable for a team that's ethos is 'controlled possession'

Not only this UCL tie. Ahead against Chelsea twice, ahead against Spurs twice and drew, Ahead at Anfield and give a goal away within 2mins of the 2nd half starting.

I felt that the last goal we conceded at the bernabeu could come back and haunt us, it was so avoidable, I'm not gonna dig out the player responsible but we should have shut that game out at 2-3.

It is what it Is, we need to find a way to win vs Chelsea, and win 4 in a row. Summer transfer window needs to be a good one.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.