Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
i don't know what everyone non-City fan is yapping that we have Library muteness, when from TV i hear City fans the most compared to other fans, even in away games
why in English system there are no flag waving like in Bundesliga or like in Dortmund that yellow wall?

i don't know what everyone non-City fan is yapping that we have Library muteness, when from TV i hear City fans the most compared to other fans, even in away games
why in English system there are no flag waving like in Bundesliga or like in Dortmund that yellow wall?

It's a constant smear campaign. You kind of get used to it.

Photos of the stadium at half time of 'empty seats at the Emptyhad' portraying it was like that during the game, one photo of the bus going through a less congested area of the parade and that's utilised to give the impression it was like that all the way round. A photo of a few sporadic City fans celebrating a title win when there were plenty elsewhere vs a new Primark opening was probably their most creative one. Turning the stadium mics down during games. Overstating our capacity so we are one of lowest filled grounds in the league etc, etc.

Our away fans are probably the best in the league and the home fans when they're 'on it' can't be far off. Few will ever concede that though, especially PL rivals. Bristol supporters said we were the best fans they'd had in years (not the likes of Leeds et al), Marca did that article last year saying our atmosphere was the worst Real had faced (yes rags and dippers that'd include you). I laugh at Arsenal fans that still have the audacity to have a pop when their team shat themselves last year under the atmosphere.

When we succeed or to brush away others failings you know what's coming... 'Plastic Club', 'Dirty Oil Money', 'Cheats', 'Small Club' '115', 'Emptyhad', 'Souless Club'. It's a relentless cycle. Shame they can't be more imaginative.

Last edited:
Agree on the principal, but can’t expect everyone to be able to afford cup schemes. STs are a fixed price either one off or monthly that you can save for, cup scheme payments can come when you’re not expecting it and some can’t guarantee to be able to afford those at the time.

Think the club made a good decision with the criteria this time compared to last year but there’s clearly still an issue.. blues selling on for ££?? Or the club itself?
I know football is a costly hobby. Totally get that. And im not slagging people for that reason at all.
Costa for the group games are relatively low and the guys i go with admit they just cant be arsed for those games. Thats clearly an issue.

My point is, we cant really moan about tourists in one instance but without them the ground would be empty in another .

What the issue clearly is is how these away supporters are getting these tickets for games like the other night. Whos selling them?

Fair enough, but in what way was it the worst thing you’ve ever seen in the stadium?
Everyone’s entitled to an opinion but if he thinks that’s the worst thing he’s ever seen in the stadium, given the amount of cheesy shit the club pump out - fucking hell!

fair enough. Maybe I’ve been on that bus too many times..what did you think the black flags were?

As I've quite clearly explained I didn't have a clue. I can guarantee nobody else did amongst the ten regulars in the vicinity of where I stand. It was as clear as mud.

Quick question: Is it possible a large number of City fans who aren't on the scheme decided to wait until the result of the first leg was known before committing to the second leg, by which time many tickets had gone to tourists and touting sites?
The home match officially sold out before the away leg was played Ged. I don’t know what’s going on but I guess it’s a combination of City fans selling their tickets on for a profit (I don’t think this is a large number but I’m sure it goes on), City selling batches of tickets to third party ticketing agencies, and City flogging hospitality packages to anyone prepared to cough up the ridiculous hospitality prices for a game of that magnitude without bothering to check who the purchaser supports. Those hospitality packages come with seats in different areas of the stadium so it would go some way to explaining groups of Real Madrid fans popping up in certain sections of the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.