FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see Haaland starting, nor KDB. Wednesday will have taken a lot out of quite a few of our players. I hope Bobb doesn't start as unlike most others on here, I'm not convinced about him as yet.
Stones, Ake, Ortega, Rico & Nunez can all come in. The rest of the starting line up is so hard to predict & we can't know until the City staff assess them in training today.

Christ on a bike - if we sent this line-up out there would be 37k Blues who travelled down to London not amused.
What is wrong with some blues not being bothered about the most famous cup competition in the world. All very strange to me.

The way a lot of people are feeling today a better title for this discussion may be ‘City v Chelsea pre-match dread’.

Concerned if the team has the temerity to lose two matches on the bounce there will be chants of “Pep out” and “Sack the board”.
Match day thread would be on suicide watch.

I hope (and expect) this is as strong a team as possible, fitness allowing. Find it bizarre some of the comments for wholesale changes, it's a semi final 5 days before our next game and brings only 1 more game if we win, which is a week after the final league game and unfortunately we wont be in the final a week after that!

Obviously any who genuinely need resting due to the quick turnaround from weds, you rest.... but absolutely pick the strongest team from those available.

I hope to see something like this - giving KDB a breather as he looked the most in need Wednesday.

Ortega (I'd play Ederson)
Walker Stones Dias Ake
Rodri Kovacic
Foden
Bernardo Haaland Grealish
That line up is more like it.

If we had beaten Madrid then I would have rested several key players. However, there are only a handful of games left and we ideally want at least a league & cup double, so we should go strong against the Chavs.

Erling will be sub for sure but for everyone saying kev to be rested - Foden and Bernie played 120 minutes. One or both will have to be rested

Ortega
Stones Akanji Dias Ake

Rodri Kovacic

Doku Alvarze Foden Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.