The Conservative Party/Government

The sad reality is that increasing numbers of people are struggling to cope with modern life and the modern world, and that has, and will continue to manifest itself in increasing mental health issues and a breakdown of law and order. I’m not sure it’s limited to this country either.

I think all this technology is slowly sending us nuts.
It’s not the technology more the way it is being used to create mistrust and a here and now based on lies.

They are under instruction to say no at every turn , at one assessment they got a tape measure out and measured both my wrists to make sure i wasnt lying about not being able to use my bad one , no word of a lie , they are scum

If i lose pips it has a knock on to my other one and that has a knock on into council tax and car tax etc , devestating
When I was assessed, I did a lot of research online beforehand and was alarmed at the number of claimants had said that what was said at interview, was not what was wriiten in the assessment report. I also learnt that if you ask to see the notes written at assessment, they have to show them.

When I went in, I took a colleague (to ensure fair play) and said before we start, I want to see everything you type today to ensure what I say is accurately reflected in your assessment report, and I want an email copy. Thankfully, I had an assessor who was, not only happy for me to read the notes, but also allowed me to make changes if saw fit (which I made several).

What was expected to be a daunting assessment, was fairly good for me, but I know there are many horror stories out there.

My advice Kaz is, if they haul you in for an assessment, do as I did and make sure you agree on what is written before you leave.

Good luck

When I was assessed, I did a lot of research online beforehand and was alarmed at the number of claimants had said that what was said at interview, was not what was wriiten in the assessment report. I also learnt that if you ask to see the notes written at assessment, they have to show them.

When I went in, I took a colleague (to ensure fair play) and said before we start, I want to see everything you type today to ensure what I say is accurately reflected in your assessment report, and I want an email copy. Thankfully, I had an assessor who was, not only happy for me to read the notes, but also allowed me to make changes if saw fit (which I made several).

What was expected to be a daunting assessment, was fairly good for me, but I know there are many horror stories out there.

My advice Kaz is, if they haul you in for an assessment, do as I did and make sure you agree on what is written before you leave.

Good luck
I think all assessments on phone now (not completely sure). Regardless of how it is done agree content,get a copy etc. And have a trusted friend, relative with you. Sounds like you had good assessor, not all are

I think all assessments on phone now (not completely sure). Regardless of how it is done agree content,get a copy etc. And have a trusted friend, relative with you. Sounds like you had good assessor, not all are
Not sure what the assessment criteria is now but I had mine at the time where a physical assessment was undertaken as well as a discussion about my condition and physical abilities.

It was also at the time when there were a lot of complaints about DWP not correctly recording what was discussed and people being rejected PiP and forced to appeal.

As I posted, I started my PiP interview by saying I want to ensure there are no discrepancies or ambiguities with what we discus and I want to see your typed report.

TBF, she was a decent assessor and only pressed "send" after I had read her report and made any changes.

I agree though, not all are good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.