North Stand Expansion

Can't see many moving from SS1. It's a good atmosphere in there and a lot of it is generated from the banter with the away fans
By 'banter', I assume you mean the vitriolic exchanges between coked up dickheads threatening each other with violence safe in the knowledge that there's absolutely no chance of getting to each other.
; )

It should all be safe standing including the GA+ area.
The only way they will convince fans in the current vocal areas to move will be if it's safe standing. Impossible to have a home end without it being safe standing in my opinion.
I can imagine them thinking they are simpy catering for a variety of blues with an offering in a prime location that will be popular with people more ready to spend a bit. I could be wrong. What I don't see happening is the club removing that section, and maybe people need to prepare themselves for that.
Personally I would be more accepting of the GA+ area if the higher prices in there help to offset cheaper prices in the rest of the stand. Don't think many in the vocal SSL3 will move if it's more expensive, and cheaper (safe standing) seats could help to convince those in SSL1 to relocate.

Maybe one day, they will be. It lends itself to it. Who knows why the club are not going straight into safe standing, and why they are doing seats first that can relatively easily change to it. Maybe they think it is too much of a jump and filling it is their first priority and then seeing after that whether there is appetite for safe standing. Maybe they think it is an easier ride through planning, or the build. Agree though, that would be great to see.
What makes you think it's definitely all seats?

I read you're post as you think it's definitely all seated?

I see. Yeah, that's just what the approved PA shows, so really just discussing on that basis. But if anyone acknowledges flexibility and scope for change, it is me and I can easily see it becoming safe standing at some point. I assumed after the build or a season built as seating at least, just based purely on what's in the public domain. But if it changes sooner, all the better.

Last edited:
We’ve done the GA+ seats to death, but they will keep on coming back into the conversation like a revolving door.

From my point of view.

I honestly don’t see the reason and point in shoehorning 700 hospitality seats into the front of NSL2 to make an extra few thousand quid a season, regardless of the type of person who will pay the extra money to sit in those seats.

The club have recently announced record revenues of +£700mill. And a profit of +£80mill. The club will be adding an extra 8000 seats to the match day revenue. More bars, food outlets, restaurants, a hotel, etc. Season ticket and match day ticket prices will go up twice before the stand is open.

We all know how diluted and quiet the rest of the stadium has been come on a match day with numerous new hospitality areas all over the ground filled with football fans, tourists, day trippers, half and half scarfers, ‘away fans’, etc. Why would the club want to import that on purpose into the front of what is supposed to be a proper and vocal home end/tier?

I honestly just don’t understand it or get it.

Last edited:
We’ve done the GA- seats to death, but they will keep on coming back into the conversation like a revolving door.

From my point of view.

I honestly don’t see the reason and point in shoehorning 700 hospitality seats into the front of NSL2 to make an extra few thousand quid a season, regardless of the type of person who will pay the extra money to sit in those seats.

The club have recently announced revenues of +£700mill. And a profit of £80mill. The club will be adding an extra 8000 seats to the match day revenue. More bars, food outlets, restaurants, a hotel, etc. Season ticket and match day ticket prices will go up twice before the stand is open.

We all know how diluted and quiet the rest of the stadium has been come with numerous new hospitality areas all over the ground filled with football fans, tourists, day trippers, half and flat scrafers, ‘away fans’, etc. Why would the club want to import that on purpose into the front of what was supposed to be a proper and vocal home end/tier?

I honestly just don’t understand it or get it.

You know what, I actually fully agree with all of that.

There is however a fair bit of distance between that, and the inference that those 648 seats will 'ruin' the stand as a whole or will stop it being a proper home end etc. That's where I tend to disagree and say so.

But yeah, there is no real obvious case to be made for it, other than potentially a loose planning gain one. A part of me is quite interested in hearing the club's explanation of that one to the groups at the meetings, if they actually offer one.

I see. Yeah, that's just what the approved PA shows, so really just discussing on that basis. But if anyone acknowledges flexibility and scope for change, it is me and I can easily see it becoming safe standing at some point. I assumed after the build or a season built as seating at least, just based purely on what's in the public domain. But if it changes sooner, all the better.

If it happens it needs to be from the beginning so that arrangements can be made for singing groups to move across from the South Stand before other people settle in to that area.

They can’t bring everyone into a seating area and then a year later tell them it’s going to be standing. It would piss everyone off who is already there and cost more money to replace all the seats they’d only just put in.

If the club don’t make the move to make this a standing home end then it will be pretty comedic since we’ll have this giant tier with loads of day trippers in and all the singers in smaller tiers at the opposite end. It would be bizarre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.