VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
It’s a fair point of view but I don’t think there’s any form of officiating that will ever please certainly not scrapping it and going back to how it was - even when VAR gets a tight margin call correct there’s still cries of corruption.
The problem with refereeing has always been that they werent consistent, that diff refs gave diff outcomes for the same event, that could be partially due to the speed of the game and that they couldnt see everything, var has rectified those issues and the same inconsistency still applies so is it down to incompitence or corruption

Oh, and no need to be patronising by the way. It’s not “just a cliche”. VAR for many people (whether you agree with them or not) is spoiling their enjoyment of football.
I will never know 100% but, if that had been City yesterday, in the Championship, struggling for 'glory', I would walk away from football for good. A brilliant come back, beyond a fans widest dreams snatched away by a so called millimetre offside decision. I can't even liken it to the Aguero moment being taken from us, we'd already won at Wembley the year before and knew the good times were ahead, this was a 'you've won the lottery...... ha ha just kidding now fuck off' moment.
Var was not introduced for that, no way.

Agree. The linesman didn’t flag so the goal should have stood. It’s fucking disgraceful.

I've looked at it over and over again and the official VAR still shows the lines overlapping. I even think the the timing of the pass was not right and the ball clearly had left the Coventry city player's foot. So 3 or 4 frames longer than it should be,

In a court of law, The video evidence would have been thrown out as inconclusive.

Mate, did you watch the semi yesterday. Did you not feel for the Coventry fans? Can you justify with evidence why the goal was disallowed?
The joy they must have felt and then the emptiness.

Yes, gutted for them, I would have loved Man Utd going out like that.

But if the tables were turned we’d all be pissing ourselves right ?

Joy and emptiness is all part of football, what if the lino flagged offside like prior VAR , or a ref awards Man Utd a last min penalty for a tussle in the box from a corner or loads of other examples that have always existed.

The problem with refereeing has always been that they werent consistent, that diff refs gave diff outcomes for the same event, that could be partially due to the speed of the game and that they couldnt see everything, var has rectified those issues and the same inconsistency still applies so is it down to incompitence or corruption

I don’t think the same inconsistency applies on such a large scale we had before, I just think everything’s highlighted and scrutinised way more than ever largely thanks to social media.
I’m not against inconsistency being labelled though as that will help decisions in the future. But nothing is fool proof.

I don’t think the same inconsistency applies on such a large scale we had before, I just think everything’s highlighted and scrutinised way more than ever largely thanks to social media.
I’m not against inconsistency being labelled though as that will help decisions in the future. But nothing is fool proof.
But wasnt that the whole point in that eliminates the majority of mistakes and its not

The fans Debite VAR every week and hate it, But the Club's don't seem to do anything about it ? Why don't the clubs say No we are not playing under VAR rules anymore and refuse to play, If all 20 clubs say NO then I don't see what the Premier League could do other than Change the rules,

Dont say the Premier League can not change the rules in mid-season or with 10 games to play, Because Covid-19 rules changed overnight, If all the Clubs are saying we are not playing until something is sorted out then mark my words the Premier League will sort it out pretty quick

First of all whwre have FIFA said this. I will only accept that explanation when i see it from the horses mouth.

1000000131.png

Mind you, the IFAB VAR protocol says very clearly, and IFAB have reiterated many times, that on-field offside decisions should only be changed for clear and obvious errors. So it seems FIFA/ FA/ PL choose the parts they want to follow and the parts they don't want to follow.

said it before ill say it again media TV mainly only focuse on pre VAR what they wanted to happen or wrong decisions against there favorite teams, them that wasnt in loop tough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.