VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How hard would it be to put a television programme together which explain the VAR process (a "who does what and when") with past examples (probably best not to use controversial decisions for this) being played out in "real time" for the viewer to understand what happens and who is actually involved?

It might even help the useless fuckers tighten their protocols and start using 'semi-scripted' professional language in readiness for when they're eventually hopefully broadcast live.
There is something unhealthy with the relationship between the broadcasters (who pay for coverage) and the PGMOL. They are just too close to each other. I realise that the media criticises referees all the time but there is something wrong at a structural level and not enough transparency. The customers are kept out of the loop. It is the fans who fund the broadcasters (diectly via subscriptions and by response to advertising). How can PGMOL seemingly have the power to change the way the sport is played. The way VAR is being used and the rules are being manipulated is destroying the end product.

On holiday, like I can be arsed debating VAR with those who don’t want to debate - you just want an echo chamber of whinging, moaning and crying corruption against decisions you don’t like.
VAR will get decisions wrongs and never be perfect, I’ve always said it.
You still didnt comment on the var decision yesterday just deflection

‘It’s killed football’ - been hearing it for years. Footballs only become bigger and the standards got better.
Officiating was the only thing holding it back and that’s why VAR was bought in , painful and slow progress is the only way forward and of course there will be controversy and bad decisions along the way - makes me laugh Kaz and others tag me everytime there’s some VAR controversy as if that’s going change my opinion.

It’s like tagging anyone who doesn’t want VAR into every bad decisions made by officials if VAR wasn’t around.
Because you are here within seconds when they get a decision correct but you never come when they get it wrong, typical wum behaviour

Sorry but thats nonsense, it clearly goes through his foot, one can only assume because its been put in the wrong place by the VAR ref carelessly.

It looks like it goes through his foot because it’s the broadcast line. The two lines didn’t overlap though so ultimately he was more offside than decisions they would have given a couple of seasons ago.

That is just strange. Attwell is one of the worst referees I have ever seen. Rank incompetent. Why has Winter tweeted that out? Is he supporting or mocking the decision. Has someone at PGMOL briefed him?
He’s just tweeting out that the FA have picked who they have chosen to send to the Euros.

You still didnt comment on the var decision yesterday just deflection

You want me to comment on every controversial VAR decision ? or just the ones you pick and choose?

shall i tag you in games without VAR and ask for your explanation on wrong decisions?

Can i have your opinion on this one from last night

Can you explain that a bit more?

They no longer use the one pixel line for close offside calls, once they’ve put that in it’s then converted to the thicker line, which is what the broadcasters use. If the thicker lines used overlap for the defender and the attacker, they now give that as onside whereas previously they didn’t build any tolerance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.