Jeremie Frimpong

If we were to re-sign Frimpong, which I don’t believe we will, he wouldn’t be physically strong enough to oust Walker or Akanji at right-back, and if played on the wing, he wouldn’t have the versatility to play on either side of the pitch. I think Savio would be a more appropriate option. Frimpong is a lovely little player, but, just as in the international side, it’s hard to see where he fits.

If we were to re-sign Frimpong, which I don’t believe we will, he wouldn’t be physically strong enough to oust Walker or Akanji at right-back, and if played on the wing, he wouldn’t have the versatility to play on either side of the pitch. I think Savio would be a more appropriate option. Frimpong is a lovely little player, but, just as in the international side, it’s hard to see where he fits.
Frimpong would be a great asset vs teams which play low block versus us.

Sure versus Madrid,Liverpool he would be more of a liability which would pip Akanji/Walker for this one.

So United are starting to talk to players/agents now whereas we have probably if interested maybe said so but haven’t started anything more as of yet.

Realistically any RB would be signed because Walker or another defender would be off. Which we don’t know yet.

We are clearly happy with either Walker/Akanji or Akanji/Another if Walker goes.

So United are starting to talk to players/agents now whereas we have probably if interested maybe said so but haven’t started anything more as of yet.

Realistically any RB would be signed because Walker or another defender would be off. Which we don’t know yet.

We are clearly happy with either Walker/Akanji or Akanji/Another if Walker goes.
or that is not a priority rn, as midfield is in more dire need of refresh compared to fb's

or that is not a priority rn, as midfield is in more dire need of refresh compared to fb's
Yes we can easily do another season with these defenders but could argue another CB would be nice to cover injuries.

Midfield is a must.

I still wouldn't mind us taking a gamble but there is also a chance it could pan out similar to Angelino's brief City career. If the rags are heavily involved that would be another reason to be cautious with this.
There are a lot of similarities, neither is a particularly good defender, both left the first time not making the grade, both shone in Germany, but Frimpong has pace where Angelino was ordinary, we also bought him back to sell him. I am not pushing Walker out but Frimpong is a far better passer, crosser and scores, he will help in the phasing out of Walker.

Savio will not make the grade in the PL, a good player he has the same failings our present AM have Doku apart, he also is not as good as Frimpong at tackling or tracking back. Savio will come on preseason and if he has got any sense stay at Girona before moving to a big Spanish side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.