Premier League Games (midweek) 23/24/25 April '24

Not sure what to make of that. Happy with the win but fuck me that was like playing a League 2 side. I don't actually think we were all that good but Chelsea tactically were all at sea and left so much space and Odegaard tore them a new one.

Pretty much guarantees goal difference is in our favour so if we win all our matches then the Dippers can't overtake us, depends on what City do now. Brighton away City will win, I think there's 2 away games at Fulham and Sp*rs in 4 days which will be the toughest period for City - if they get through those unscathed then City will win. I suspect Arsenal may still drop 2 more points- either at Spurs or the Rags. I doubt Bournemouth or Everton at the Emirates will pose too much of a threat.

Chelsea are a mad team.

If you lot win the league then so be it, you’ll deserve it and we shake hands and move on to next year.

Not having the scousers though, I couldn’t deal with the hysterics.

They were broken when they appointed pochetino.
Came third in a 2 horse race for the title, somehow finished 2nd with PSG and had the luckiest run ever to a CL final where he bottled it and put in a unfit Kane into the team.
Most over rated manager around

Whatever each fan base makes of one another and the views some fan bases have on the current financial power of teams in the EPL - one thing is certain, the dynamics, the strength and the betterment of the EPL has come about from City's takeover. Yesterday' game Arsenal produced was a display that I don't think would ever have happened if Pep was not at City. It is a blueprint for Mikel to follow as to how he wants his team to play and is something he has pulled from Pep's masterclasses with City in seasons gone by. I don't think it should be seen as rubbing our noses in if people refer to Mikel and this Arsenal as City Lite (in the sense that we are not quite as good, but wish to imitate) as to be mentioned alongside one of the greatest teams of the past decade in the prem is genuinely not a position any Arsenal fan could have envisioned for the past 8 or so seasons. For all the work and progress going on at the club, I think a lot has to come down to imitating City, both on and off the pitch. Man Utd with their recent inclusion of Ratcliffe is pursuing the exact same thing. I don't think City will slip up now without the extra taxing games of the CL, but if they do, I will be glad Arsenal are in a position to claim a first title in far too long. If they don't, we go again next season and I don't think if you were to ask an Arsenal fan right now, we would have ever imagined these scenarios two seasons in a row from what preceded it.

I didn't watch Arsenal last night as it was a foregone conclusion and it will be the same tonight. I did however check in on the Arsenal score and stopped doing so at 2-0. I was shocked/not shocked it ended up 5-0. I see a similar scoreline tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.