VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
VAR: Fuck me United have bottled it.

Assistant: Lee Dixon reckons it was offside.

Ref: I've given goal.

Lino: Nowt wrong here.

VAR: Hang on...Howard says it is. Better have a look.

Ref: Fuck sake...Yes Bruno...Go away...Harry we're looking at it...

Assistant: We're live on ITV, better get the lines out. Erm...Shit....He's deffo on...

VAR: Move the frame back. He's off. Rob mate - No Goal!

Ref: Ok...

Naked Mole Rat: This Is Man United Ref!

Ref: I know mate. *Whistles* No Goal - Offside!

Maguire: Cheers ref. We got away with this. Should do them on Pens.

VAR: Thank's Rob...Howard Just text. He's invited us to meet Sir Alex in his box on cup final day.

Assistant: Nice...Wait...Is this still recording?
Hahah

a weak penalty claim for you is a 100% nailed on penalty for someone else especially as football fans tend to be so tribal and see everything through their own teams specs on. I like the idea but i don't think it would calm the angry outraged mob down.
There are pens that everyone agrees on. Quite a lot. There are pens that are inbetween where no one can agree. Even the refs. Indirect Free Kick.

Tribalism is a different thing imo. But the key to it is that the ref has made a decision and we all abide by it,. Otherwise they will bring in a whole video review system that slows the game down, makes us all confused, STILL gets it wrong and regresses the game :)

That happens quite often, whether it's protocol not.

I'm in favour of VAR but just not with these clowns in charge of it. I'm not a referee but I'm certain I could right a better set of protocols and guidance and ensure they are followed correctly compared to how the FA, PMGOl and Webb are performing. Currently its an utter shambles and surrounded in unnecessary secrecy.
Not so sure mate…. It should be WRITE!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.