Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Not often we get the dodgy calls landing in our favour so it was a pleasant change. Scored from a free kick given for a slip and Gvardiol’s challenge was a definite penalty. Hardly crucial but I’m sure there’ll be a lot of chatter
No way a penalty. Just watch what Pedro does with his right leg. No contact whatsoever. Cheating twat, deserved a booking. He does it a lot.

Smith was embarrassing tonight. Fucking Arse wanker. Desperate for anything and everything to go against us. Totally ignored Brighton leaving something on City players all the second half. van Hecke lucky to stay on. Shades of, dare I say it, Gabriel Maghaelles or Ben Orange?
Isn’t he always though it’s no coincidence that the brummie prick was on commentary

Glad we god that decision in our favour obviously, but how on earth VAR decide it's not worth taking a look at is beyond me. It was a penalty for me, but at least it should be looked at by the ref surely? I've even seen the one on Ake given.

This is the problem with it - rules just seem to change mysteriously behind the scenes from week to week, game to game.

If those decisions were against us, I'd be livid.

If there’s one thing that hasn’t changed from week to week it is VARs getting involved in onfiejd penalty calls.

People ask for consistency above anything else and whether you think it’s a penalty or not, they have been as consistent as could possibly be this season in allowing on field penalty calls to stand for all but the most extreme errors.

The first shout against Rodri would have been farcical had it have been given. If anything Brighton player should have been stronger and swatted Rodri away. He was goal side of him and could have caused us problems but he decided to cheat and fall down. Second one, their guy, Pedro I think, was looking for contact and again chose to fall down like a sniper had just fired at him. Seen them given but very soft. Thought the ref was ok, Brighton fans didn’t seem to mind him not booking their player for booting the hall away or for consistently going through the back of players after the ball had gone.
I have only seen City players yellow carded for kicking the ball away

Does feel a bit at the mo like refs aren’t giving pens because VAR is there and then VAR are not wanting to intervene so some that might have have been given (like a few at the weekend) are dropping between the two.

I don’t mind it as I think the bar should
be very high for penalties but I do get how some won’t like the inconsistency.
They’ve massively over complicated it

It should be no complex then giving a ref a different angle or another look to confirm their original decision

As soon as they get other refs involved you get different interpretations and opinions

And they have to let the match going fan know what’s going on - as it is is abysmal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.